Chapter Sixty Nine

Everything was quiet in the room that the Gaang were in, with the occasional noise of Suki and Sokka arguing in the area. Sen was seated in a lotus position on the bed and was trying to meditate, Aang and Katara were cuddled up together, Toph and Zuko were standing against a wall and were in a conversation. Azula had herself leaned against the headboard of the giant, while dancing a purple flame in her hands out of boredom.

Sen who was finding it hard to meditate slowly looked up and saw the purple flame in her hands, and he was very sure her flames used to be blue before.

"So, you want to explain that?" he asked the princess while gesturing at the flame.

Azula merely looked up and gave a tiny smirk at the corner of her lips, it was subtle but since Sen knew her for years he could easily see it. She then looked down and went back to her business.

"Since Azula won't tell me why her flames are purple. You guys wanna fill me in on it?". Sen asked the group while looking at them.

"I'm just the Firelord." Zuko said immediately excluding himself out of the interrogation.

Sen then stared at Katara.

"I was busy fighting spirits". The water bender shrugged.

"And before you ask me, Sen. Just know me and Suki were with you in Makapu village." Aang said quickly.

"I wasn't going to. I'm only asking those that were with her." Sen said before he smirked and then made eye contact with his wife, "So, sweetheart? You wanna explain?"

Toph looked up at his dazzling smile and immediately felt her knees go weak, all resolve was gone. But she quickly recovered and scoffed. Seeing was suddenly not so good anymore.

"Why you asking me? How should I know? I was blind in the real world and couldn't see anything." Toph quickly defended, "You're not that slick, Sen."

Sen smiled at that. She definitely didn't lose her confidence and toughness.

"Hey, Sokka. You know something?". Sen asked toward the arguing couple in the background.

"uh...um I don't know, Sen. She just blasted at a spirit and instead of blue, a purple flame came out." Sokka said which earned him a slap on the shoulder from Suki.

"I will skin you alive." Azula threatened while glaring at Sokka.

Sokka gulped.

"He asked me a question."

"Terrifying, aren't you?". Sen commented while looking at the fire princess.

"I love it." she exhaled deeply before looking at him with a purple glint in her eyes.

Then the door opened up and Mei Li walked through, everyone quickly got to their feet and looked up at her.

"You're all awake? Good". She said with a emotionless face, "The high Court of spirits will see you now, especially Mother Nature."

"That can't be good." Sen said under his breath.

"I assure you. She's very excited to see you, all of you." Mei Li pointed out.

Sen's eyes widened at that. He couldn't believe she actually heard him.

"Is the Air spirit there?" Aang asked.

"All the Grand spirits are there. Including Death." Mei Li said.

"Spirit of Death?". Sokka asked.

"No. Death." Mei Li smiled.

The group looked at each other in worry.

"Come. We're wasting precious time."

She led them all out the door. Mei Li was extremely tall so she walked ahead of them, but she was a mesmerizing view, she looked so light and graceful. After a minute, they noticed Tiankong standing a few feet away and he looked angry about something again as usual.