Chapter Forty Five

Zuko was pacing around in the throne room. A few weeks have passed since he and his friends spend time together in the lounge signing documents, it felt good to connect again even if at times they got on each other's nerves. He requested an audience with Azula before coming to the throneroom to pace around, what he was about to ask of her made him completely nervous and filled him with anxiety. He and his friends were leaving that day for the Glacier's festival which was also in the same week as Katara's nineteenth birthday, they didn't remind her because she completely forgot about it and they wanted to surprise her.

"Zuzu?". Zuko stopped pacing and looked up to see his sister approach him.

"Hi, Azula". Zuko smiled softly,"You look well".

"What do you want, Zuko?". She cut straight to the point.

Zuko sighed and took in a shaky deep breath and slowly calmed himself. Azula was slightly getting concerned but she didn't dare show it in her eyes.

"As you know, Our friends and I are leaving for the Glacier's festival in the South Pole-".

"Which I'm not going to". Azula said before crossing her arms.

"Yes, you made it perfectly clear two days ago". Zuko sighed,"Anyway, usually I would leave Sen in charge while I'm gone and since he is going as well that means the Nation is without authority. Mother doesn't want to do it because she is reminded of the past and Uncle is in Ba Sing Se".

"Where are you going with this, Zuzu?". Azula asked with narrowed eyes.

He bowed his head and closed his eyes in deep thought and exhaled through his nose, then looked up at her with a determined face.

"I need you to be Fire lord while I'm gone".

Azula's pupils contracted in shock and she quickly stepped back on instinct.

"W-what are you saying?". She asked.

"I need your help on this".

"Shut up! Just shut up!". Azula exclaimed,"How dare you mock me like this?!".

"Azula, this is not about the Agni Kai-".

"This has nothing to do with the Agni Kai! You think I'm some tool that you can use whenever you please!". She yelled.

"This is my first ever request for you". He said simply.

"No". Azula said with closed eyes,"I won't do it".

"Give me a reason why not". Zuko asked of her.

Azula looked at the throne chamber and quickly looked away.

"Sitting in the throne chamber might reawaken my past ambitions and dark desires".

Zuko's eyes widened,"You're afraid".

He watched her nod her head slowly. Zuko was actually surprised by this revelation, this was definitely not the Azula he knew back four years ago.

"Yes, I'm afraid". Azula said softly,"I've just gained the trust of everyone. Sitting on the that throne might bring back the old Azula and I might cause even more harm than father this time around. Ask mother again, Zuko because I really don't want this".

Zuko placed his hands on either one of her shoulders and looked her dead in the eye.

"Hey, you said you gained the trust of everyone then prove them right by doing this for me". Zuko said,"I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't trust you, Azula. This is me trusting you fully. I trust you, little sister".

Azula looked him in his eyes for a good minute before sighing in defeat, she knew she was going to lose this argument. It seemed she was rubbing off on her brother because he picked up her convincing tricks.