Chapter Forty

The moon was full and was throbbing with bright light, it was well displayed in the Fire Nation because of its warm climate but the people of the nation appreciated the sun more than the moon. Sen watched the moon from his balcony with a small smile on his face, he could feel the energy that the spiritual side of the moon was emanating. He had been spending the past few hours enjoying a nice bath after the mud duel he had with Toph, they were soaking wet and covered in mud. By the time they returned to the Palace, the celebrations had all ended and only a few guests remained and the two benders took that time to head for their room.

He had finished his bath and now he was only waiting for Toph to finish her bathing, something she really didn't want to do. He heard her fumble around in their bathroom and heard her curse a few times, this only made him smile even more.

"I told her to let me help out but no, we always have to do things the Toph way". He chuckled to himself.

Then he looked down and saw someone outside, which didn't surprise him because said person has been doing it for a few nights now. Sokka was sitting outside and looking up at the moon with a content look on his face, Sen only looked between Sokka and the moon before he shook his head.

"I guess old habits die hard".

Then he heard the bathroom door open behind him, he turned and saw his young wife step out in a beige nightgown that hugged her figure well and he saw her drying her long hair with a towel.

"Enjoy your little bath, my dear?". He asked from the balcony.

"Oh, yeah". She turned with a sarcastic look,"I most especially enjoyed slipping in the bathtub twice".

"I told you to let me help out".

"Why? So, you can get lucky while seeing me naked". She shot at him.

Sen quirked an eyebrow,"Not what I implied but that was kind of a good idea".

Toph snorted.

"Sokka's out there again tonight".

Toph was about to climb into bed but paused briefly when she heard what Sen said, she knew what he meant. She didn't know Yue personally but she knew her crossing over to the spirit world put a strain on Sokka's heart.

"I know". She sighed,"He won't ever forget her".

"That's a good thing in my opinion". He said before joining her in bed.

Toph lay still for a moment before facing him with a confused expression.

"No meditation tonight?".

"Too much in good spirits to actually do it". He smiled.

"Good. Then the bed doesn't have to be cold all the time". She then leaned into him and held him in her embrace.

Then an ominous breeze blew in from the balcony window, as soon as the white haired airbender felt it, he immediately tensed.

Toph sensed this and looked up at him.

"What's wrong?".

"Something's not right". He said jumping out of bed,"Get your feet on the ground and scope out the Palace with your seismic sense".

Toph didn't need to be told twice as she let her feet touch the ground.

.............................................

Mai was closely cuddled to Zuko and she inhaled his scent with intoxicating satisfaction. Being this close to him always brought out her happier side even though it wasn't displayed on her facial features. Then she felt something off, the atmosphere in the room immediately changed and she slowly and groggily opened her eyes, she carefully looked around before her eyes landed on the ceiling which caused her pupils to contract.