Chapter Thirty Two

The white haired airbender stared at the magnificent city before him that was Omashu, coming to the place was painful enough. The reason for this was because he came across some familiar paths which he used a hundred years ago, paths which he fought firebenders in and most of those confrontations didn't end well and they stirred up some bad memories for him.

The conversation he had with Zuko weeks ago still lingered in his mind, the young firebender was clearly upset about Sen hiding his mother's whereabouts. Sen couldn't blame him for that, nonetheless he was only doing what Ursa asked of him and he fulfilled it and now the Firelord could find her without him getting in the way. He wouldn't be surprised if Zuko hated him after this, keeping information about one's family's whereabouts was a risky gamble but one that Sen decided to take for her sake.

He resumed his walk toward the city and made sure to look as less threatening as much as possible, he didn't want people to be on edge if he gave them the wrong impression. He came closer and noticed two earthbenders standing on either side of a large wall.

"Stop". One of them said holding up his hand.

Sen came to a stop and looked at the large guards.

"State your business". The other said.

Sen simply pulled out the letter he received from his sleeves and handed it to the guard that was on his right, the guard suspiciously took it and read through it.

"Open the gate". The guard said before handing back the letter to Sen.

The other guard nodded and they both got into stances and did some kata forms, there was a rumble and the large wall started to sink until there was an opening.

"Enjoy Omashu, Master Sen". The second guard said before bowing.

Sen merely nodded and walked into the city.

Once inside, he noticed an official standing a few feet away. He slowly approached the man and the man took a deep bow upon noticing the young Airbender.

"Welcome, Master Sen". The official said,"I hope your trip was satisfactory".

"It was fine". Sen said,"Though aren't all trips bad at some point".

"You are absolutely right, Master Sen". The official said,"Please, follow me".

Wordlessly, Sen followed the man through the path that was used by visiting tourists. The young Airbender looked around and saw the mail chutes still in good working order, he was satisfied with that because he didn't want something so important to be removed.

"I see you still use the chutes?".

"Why yes, it is one of our oldest forms of transport throughout the city and people receive their possessions and mail on time". The official said.

Then they passed by an area that seemed to form an arch toward the inside of the palace, it separated the higher force from the middle working force in the vicinity. Sen stared at the emerald hallway they were walking in, green crystals were everywhere, lighting up their pathway.

"Interesting lighting you have in here". Sen said.

"Yes. After the Avatar's last visit, the king has grown an urge to have more crystals in his palace". The official said.

"I see".

After walking for what seemed like an hour, they finally came to a stop in a lounge room and the official turned to address the airbender.

"You may remain here while I see if the king is up for a visit".

"I can wait". Sen said.

The official bowed before taking off.