Chapter Twenty Eight

Looking in the mirror is like reflecting on the things you did in the past and who you were back then, it takes great will to realize that you have changed even if you deny it at great cost. That's how Sen was feeling at that moment when he was staring at himself in the mirror, he couldn't recognize the face that looked back at him. He looked so different between what he was back at the temples and what he was now, he was not the man he used to be that much was clear.

He ran his fingers through his hair and quickly noticed how long the strands were, he didn't exactly get time to pay attention to his hair. He considered shaving his head bald but he just couldn't do it, he had grown attached to the fact of having hair.

"Sen, you in here?". A voice called.

"In the bathroom, Sokka". Sen replied.

"Oh, Zuko asked me to come drop your wedding outfit". Sokka said,"They're on the bed if you need them".

"Thanks, Sokka".

"Yeah, no problem". Sokka said before closing the door on his way out.

The young Airbender sighed as he stared at himself in the mirror again. Today was the day that he would be married to the greatest earthbender in the world, the woman who discovered metalbending , the woman who part took in an underground earthbending brawl arena and became champion.

"I really don't deserve her". He said softly.

She has done all these amazing things but he didn't do anything that was history worthy, not that he wanted to be famous or anything. But Toph had done all these things and Sen felt that he didn't exactly deserve someone like that to be in his life.

"I really should stop thinking about this". He scolded himself.

                 .........................................

"You really should comb your hair more often, you know". Katara said as she combed Toph's hair.

"Yeah, I'll do that once I start seeing again". Toph said sarcastically.

"Sorry". Katara apologized once she realized what she said.

"So, where's Sparky's sister?". Toph asked.

"I don't know and I wouldn't care less". Katara replied with venom.

Mai and Suki looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

"She's in her room getting ready". Mai decided to answer Toph's question.

"Why do you hate her so much, Sugar queen?". The blind earthbender asked.

"Um, do you remember all the things she's done to us?". Katara asked.

"Katara, we've all looked past those things and left it all behind in the past". Suki said,"Besides, all that happened four years ago".

Katara looked away,"There are some things you can't forget, Suki".

While all that was going on, Toph took the time to slip into her wedding dress and she did not like how it felt around her body.

"Does it have to be so tight?". She asked.

The other three girls turned and saw the earthbender being barely able to move, Suki snickered behind her hand when she saw what was going on.

"Uh, Toph?". Mai said,"You're wearing the wrong dress. That one is Suki's".

"That explains it". Toph said.

"Yeah, because your hips are wider". Suki said.

"Or maybe yours are smaller". Toph retorted,"Ever think about that".