Chapter Twenty One

Toph was eating a small pie in the kitchen, the servants watched her for a moment before getting back to work. Sen came walking in a few minutes later and he had a frown on his face, he sat down next to her and looked at her with a glare.

"Say what you wanna say already". She said, spooning another piece of pie into her mouth.

"What's your problem?". He asked.

"You're gonna have to be specific". She replied.

"I told you to come back but you just kept on walking". He said.

"Well, yeah. I don't listen to anyone because it's in my nature". Toph said.

"Well, it stinks". Sen said.

"Hey, I don't answer to you and don't get so upset about it". Toph said, glaring at him.

"I'm surprised you're not in a prison cell with that attitude". He said.

"Don't get underneath my skin, Sen. Trust me, you don't want that". Toph said.

The servants in the kitchen watched the two teenagers with amusement in their eyes, they continued working to avoid being seen. They realized that Toph and Sen were already like a married couple.

"What are you two doing here?!". Poppy voice said as she walked into the kitchen.

"I was hungry and this jerk just happened to follow me". Toph said.

"Hey!". Sen said.

"Get back to your seats. The guests are arriving". Poppy ordered in a authoritative tone.

"Yeah, yeah. We're going". Toph said, picking up her plate of pie.

"Toph, put the pie down". Poppy said.

"No, I need it". Toph said.

Then she left with the plate of pie in her hand.

"I'll go too". Sen said before running out of the kitchen.

            ...................................

The party was going successful as planned, thanks to the efforts of Katara, Mai and Suki. The ceremony was going as planned, the guests arrived and greeted Poppy and Lao and the soon to be weds. They even finished the ceremonial feast that was always done first. Toph was getting tired of talking and greeting every every stranger that came her way, this was the one of the reasons why she didn't want to get married.

"Ms Beifong, it is an honor to meet you again". A noble said, walking up.

"Have we met?". Toph asked.

"Indeed we have. I asked your father to marry you off to my son, Dansu. But I guess your father found you someone much better". The noble man said the last part rudely.

"Yes, I guess". Toph said.

"Enjoy, Ms Beifong". The noble said before leaving.

"Creep". She muttered under her breath.

"What was that?". Sen asked as he chowed on chicken pig meat.

"Nothing".

Sen shrugged and continued eating.

"Why are you eating meat? You're an airbender". Toph said.

"Yeah, about that. I kind of started eating meat a few decades back". Sen said.

"But you were a vegetarian". Toph said.

"Yeah, well it didn't last long". Sen smiled at her.

"Well, stop eating because the engagement ceremony is about to start". Toph said.