Chapter Thirteen

Another couple of months passed and Sen hadn't found anything relating to Appa, he was losing hope in finding him. His journey took him back to the Fire Nation, where he heard that Azula was going to take an airship fleet to the Western Air Temple. He figured that the invasion was probably a failure and that Azula was going after them now, he was able to find Azula and where the airship fleet was grounded.

He was able to sneak into one of the airships, thanks to his airbending reflexes he was able to sneak in without any confrontation. Before sneaking onto the airship, he had decided to dye his hair black so he was not recognisable. He looked completely different.

            ................................

It took a few days but Sen saw the airship heading for a mountainside that looked like a trench, he smiled when he realised that the temple was close. He came out of his hiding place and decided to find a way out, he came to a hatch that was on the floor in one of the hallways of the airship.

He saw the ground below and he jumped out of the airship, he twirled his staff and it shifted into a glider and he used it to descend back to the ground. He landed with ease and he ran for the edge of the cliff.

Once he arrived, the attacks were already in progression. Sen used his amplified airbending to blast a large volume of air at an airship from behind, this caused it to move forward and crash into another airship that was in front of it.

Then he saw Appa fly away from one airship that carried Azula who shot a blue flame at him before he flew over her, Sen opened his glider and took off down the cliff toward Appa. He was about to reach his target when a fireball flew past him, it singed his glider and he started to plummet down below. With one push of his legs, he was able to launch himself into the air toward Appa.

He easily caught one of Appa's legs and he dangled, the sky bison looked down and grunted at him in recognition. Sen smiled and started climbing up his leg, with one push he launched himself onto the saddle and balanced himself on the edge of it.

The others jumped in surprise.

"Sen?!". Sokka exclaimed,"Where'd you come from?".

"Oh, you know". Sen smiled,"From down below".

"It's so good to see you, Sen". Aang said happily, from Appa's head.

"I thought you were dead?". Toph said.

"What gave you that idea?". Sen asked.

"We didn't hear from you after that time in Ba Sing Se". Katara said.

"Yeah". Sen said,"I was looking for clues on finding Appa but I guess you guys beat me to him".

"We found him being held by Long Feng". Sokka said.

"Oh, you mean that creepy advisor of the Earth King?". Sen asked.

Everyone nodded. Sen then glanced at Suki and he smiled when he saw her.

"Oh, hi Suki". He smiled.

"Hi". She smiled back,"I told you we'd meet again, didn't I?".

"Wait!". Toph said,"You two know each other?".

"Yeah, he came to Kyoshi Island once before I met you guys". Suki said.

"What?". Katara said,"You never told us about that".

Suki smiled sheepishly.

"We'll talk about this later". Sen said.

Then the talking stopped.

"Why is your hair black?". Aang asked.

"I dyed it". Sen replied,"Since I'm gonna be roaming the Fire Nation, might as well be unrecognizable".