Chapter Sixty

Sokka and Suki stood on the wall of Ba Sing Se and watched the horizon in the distance, storm clouds were forming and were making their way toward the Great city. Sokka narrowed his eyes in focus, Suki looked ahead and watched how far the clouds were and based on how she heard the thunder and how she saw the lightning flashing she knew that they were getting closer.

"What do you think, Sokka? Do you think Aang and katara will have enough time to finish the ceremony?". The Kyoshi Warrior asked.

"I don't know". Sokka said as he glanced at her,"But seeing as those clouds are getting closer, I'd say that they have to speed things up".

The Kyoshi Warrior looked back at the horizon with a worried look on her face.

              .........................................

Katara sat awkwardly as Ty Lee, Mai and Azula frantically worked on her wedding dress, the young waterbender felt like a doll that was getting dressed up. Mai worked on her hair, Ty Lee worked on finishing the final fixes on Katara's dress and Azula was deciding on which shoes would go well with the waterbender's wedding dress.

"Is it just me or is everything happening a little too fast?". Katara asked.

"Yes. It is". Ty Lee smiled at her before going back to work.

"You wanna talk about fast, Sugar queen? Just look at Sen and me". Toph smirked from her spot on the window sill.

"But you and Sen are doing fine, right?". Katara asked.

"Yeah, I love him and he loves me". Toph smiled,"It even sounds weird just saying it".

"Love is always weird". Mai said before standing back to admire the work she did on Katara's hair.

"I wonder how Aang is doing?". Katara wondered as she rest her cheek against her hand.

                   .....................................

The young Avatar was pacing back and forth furiously, he was never this nervous in his entire life. His heart was beating so fast his chest started to hurt, he didn't know whether to sit down or faint.

"If you keep that up you're gonna make a hole in the floor eventually". Sen said as he watched the young Avatar.

"I can't help it. This is it, Sen". Aang said frantically,"Its the final frontier and I don't think I can handle it!".

"Calm down. It's not as bad as you think". Zuko said as he stared out a window.

"Zuko, how did you handle your wedding day?". Aang asked desperately.

"I didn't". Zuko smirked,"I was nervous just like you are right now".

"Really?".

"Yeah, Uncle told me that I just had to focus on Mai's beauty and everything would fade away". Zuko said with a smile,"It worked for me but I don't know about you".

Aang merely nodded at that.

"Yeah, uh, I'll just do that".

The door then opened to reveal Sokka, he looked out of breath but he quickly composed himself because he was physically fit just like everyone else. A hundred year war could do that to you.

"You guys gotta hurry up!". Sokka exclaimed,"If you're gonna have the ceremony in the fountain garden, you better make it quick!".

"How far are the storm clouds? Zuko asked.

"You can see the lightning flash and hear the thunder rumble". Sokka explained.

"Not enough time". Zuko muttered.