Chapter Sixty Seven

The room was quiet as the group watched the tall Lady look at them, she sighed and stepped further into the room.

"So, you are the humans that the Orogoi brought". The Lady said with one brow raised.

"Orogoi?". Toph asked, a little confused.

"The elemental spirits that brought you here". She replied before softening her expression,"You're all acquaintances of the Avatar?".

"Uh, yeah". Sokka answered, getting lost in her beauty,"Say, you look familiar".

"We've met before at the North Pole". The woman said,"My friend was killed by those firebenders".

Azula shifted her leg in discomfort at that.

"La?". Katara eyes widened.

"Yes. But you can call me by my other name, Mei Li". The lady said.

"How'd you end up here?". Sokka asked.

"After Yue took over Tui's position, Mother Earth requested our presence back in the Spirit World". Mei Li said,"It was good for me because I haven't been here at the Hall for a long time".

"Yue?". Katara asked.

"Is she here?". Sokka asked getting curious.

"I....think so". Mei Li said before looking out the window,"Its not evening yet in the physical world, so I think she should be prepating for her duty".

"Can I see her?". Sokka asked, a little too desperately.

Katara shook her head with a fond smile.

"No". Mei Li said staring at him deep in the eye,"I don't think it's a good idea".

"Oh, please! Let me see her, I'll do anything. Please, please, please let me see her!". Sokka begged as he got to his knees much to the Ocean Spirit's shock,"It won't take long. I promise".

"Oh spirits.......fine. But only you, I don't want the others getting suspicious if all of you leave". Mei Li gave in.

Sokka turned to the others.

"Knock yourself out, Snoozles". Toph said.

"I don't know who Yue is". Azula shrugged.

"Go see her, Sokka. We'll be fine". Katara smiled,"Just say hi for all of us".

"Let's go, La!". Sokka said heading for the door.

"I'm so getting into trouble for this. I just know it". Mei Li said as she followed the Water Tribe boy through the door.

"So....". Toph started.

"Why hasn't Aang arrived yet?". Azula asked.

"Zuko probably found him and they are coming to look for us". Katara said with hope in her eyes,"He will be here".

           .............................................

Appa landed in the courtyard of the Northern Water Tribe, it took them nearly four days to get there and neither of them were happy about the situation that was at hand. The four friends jumped off of Appa and headed for the Palace where they were greeted by the Chief Arnook.

"Are you sure you don't want to take some time to rest first?". Chief Arnook asked,"It was a long journey".

"Thank you but no. We've wasted enough time already as it is". Aang said,"We don't want to waste anymore of it".

The Chief led them down the stairs that led to the spirit oasis, he didn't know why the Avatar and his friends needed it but it looked serious. They came to the oasis and found it empty, the koi fish were gone.