Chapter Twenty Three

"A little more to the left". Sen said as he ordered the servants,"Come on, people. When I say left, I mean left".

The two servants were busy hanging a large portrait of Zuko in the hall of firelords, it had to be hanged perfectly to befit the image of the Firelord. It had been a busy week for Sen, he had to help Zuko deal with treaties, disputes and agricultural turmoil. What was even worse for the young airbender was dealing with Mai's wardrobe malfunctions, since she was the Firelady she had to dress properly and perfectly. But Mai was not the type who cared on how she dressed, so Sen had to step in and help her with that because of his experience with previous Fireladies.

The servants were finally able to hang up the portrait with ease, Sen watched it closely before smiling and crossing his arms.

"Perfect". He said.

"May we leave now, Liaison Sen?". One of the servants asked, afraid to be ordered again.

"Of course, go ahead". Sen said still staring at the portrait.

The two servants quickly bowed and took off.

"Okay, portrait is done and hanged up". He muttered to himself,"Now, what's next on the list?".

"You seem invested in finishing that list of yours". A voice said behind him.

He turned and saw Mai approaching him, he smiled as she came to a stop a few feet in front of him.

"Yeah, actually". Sen said,"I have a tight schedule to follow".

"There is such a thing known as overworking, you know?". She monotoned.

Sen shook his head at that. It was like Mai to show subtle concern for him, even though he was the one that watched her grow up.

"It's a good looking portrait". She said.

"Yeah, one of the royal artists was able to finish it before the deadline and I respect him for that".

Mai smiled at him,"It really is good to have you back".

She came closer and gave him a tight hug, the Airbender smiled before returning the embrace.

"It's good to be back".

"Gosh, I really did miss Uncle Sen's famous hugs". Mai said, remembering all the hugs she received from him when she was a child.

Sen laughed at that.

              ................................................

Sen was walking through the hallway that day, he was reading and ticking off some things from his to do list. He had finished most of the things that were on the list, now only a few things were left to do. Being Liaison for the Royal family was never an easy task for Sen but with time and patience he was able to get the hang of it, he figured that that's probably the reason why Firelady Hirohitaba made him the Royal Liaison.

As he walking, he then felt himself collide into a female body. He looked up and saw Ty Lee rubbing her head with a groan.

"Oops, sorry Ty Lee". Sen said," Didn't see you there".

"It's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going anyway". She responded with a sheepish smile.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be on Kyoshi Island with the Kyoshi Warriors?".

"Yeah, but I'm kind of taking a break". She said.

"Oh okay". Sen answered. If the girl wanted a break then who was he to stop her.

"Sen, have you....you know?".

Sen looked up from his list at that moment.

"What?". He asked.

"Have you visited Azula since coming back to the Fire Nation?". Ty Lee asked while nervously rubbing her arm.

Sen immediately felt his heart skip a beat. Azula was a rare topic nowadays, even Zuko avoided the whole topic if she was ever brought up.

"No, I haven't". He responded with a silent voice.

"I've visited her on a few occasions".

"Yeah, and on those occasions you almost got your head roasted off". Sen replied.

"You don't understand, Sen". Ty Lee said,"She is getting worse and even her appearance........I think those doctors are doing something to her".

Ty Lee now had his full attention.

"What did you say?"

Ty Lee raised an eyebrow,"She's getting worse".

"No, the part about the doctors". Sen said.

"Oh, I said that I think they're doing something to her. I didn't see her condition changing for the better in these past four years".

Sen's  eyes narrowed in thought.

"When did you start to notice this?"

"A year back. When I was visiting her on her birthday". Ty Lee said.

"That was the day she burned your arm". Sen said without any hesitation.

"Can you tell me what's going on, Sen?". Ty Lee asked," You always put on that face when you figure something out".

"I need to see Zuko". Sen said, before handing her his list,"Be sure to finish everything on the list".

Ty Lee stared at the list before looking up at the departing form of Sen.

"I can't do all this alone!!!". She yelled,"Sen?! Sen! Sen!".