Prologue

Third POV

I walked into a cave after finding the bodies from the battle, having an urge to go to the cave nearby, there was a human standing above a desiccated body that I felt the urge from. The human was startled and turned, "Ingrid Mikaelson, this is your mate, I found him, but he was married and had a child, somebody had turned him and he stood in the sun with the others he turned so his son would think he was dead," he said in a slightly creepy voice. "Wake him up," I ordered. Shkelgim had let his blood fall as the grayness went away and my mate was awake again.

"Master, this is Ingrid, she is the first of your kind of vampire, you're her mate," the Romani said. Vlad was startled, he remembered feeling the sun on him and watching his child's face as he desiccated only to be woken up by that damn obsessive human and see a beautiful blonde watching in from the end of the cave. He almost forgot about his late wife Mirena, which made his heart hurt a little.

Ingrid, sensing the pain, turned to Shkelgim, "Move," she ordered. The man scurried away knowing not to defy any Mikaelson. Ingrid sat next to Vlad and said, "I know who you just lost, I want to give you time to mourn her, and I hope something more can happen in the future," she said quietly and Vlad nodded, still amazed by the woman who is his mate. Then he eyed the ring on her finger. "My family is the first ever vampires, there is another kind that is not as powerful as us other than my siblings, they cant shapeshift, and they have to be invited in order to be able to enter a building that someone lives in. They do get rather destroyed and burn quicker in the sun though. So my siblings and I made daylight rings for ourselves, while I cannot be burned by silver, I still do not like touching so my siblings had made gold ones," she pulled out a gold ring with lapis lazuli on it, "This will protect you from the sun," she said. Vlad put on the ring and walked to edge of the cave where the sun was coming up and stuck his hand out and he felt the warmth and not the burning. He smiled and looked back at Ingrid, they then stayed the rest of the day, and flew as bats out into the night, not before stopping to feed of course.