The End of the Affair

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus says as he helps his sister out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asked, holding Ingrid's hand. They were going to be testing a witch's loyalty to them.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur," Stefan admits.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend," Klaus says, "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun," Klaus says.

"Chicago was magical," Ingrid said with a dreamy smile. Her and Vlad fucked anytime and anywhere. Damon and Alex weren't with them, so why not?

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it," Stefan said, not knowing why Klaus and Ingrid seemed slightly amused at his comment.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus questioned.

"Why am I still with you both?" Stefan asked, "We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" he asked.

"Stefano we need they would fail," Ingrid said, surprising Stefan, "You didn't hear us saying Ray was getting punished? We called them an experiment becuas ewe wanted to see what would happen if it failed. Now, if you mention the failing hybrids to twinnie again, I'll tear out your spleen and stomp on it," Ingrid said, progressing towards Stefan as she spoke, while still keeping her hand in Klaus'.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her," Klaus says and then turns to his twin, "You know you're my favorite magic user," he whispered. Sanguines weren't classified as witches, so they called themselves "magic users". The younger Original twins walk off to the car.

*******

Elena wondered why everyone was ignoring her. She had a lead on Stefan, but everyone was ignoring her. Why?

Damon had almost gone on a rampage, better yet, Klaus destroyed some trees when he heard. Damon had to have his neck snapped by his sister and Uncle Finn while Bonnie and Freya searched for where the twins were. Suddenly Finn sped Freya (who thankfully wasn't doing the spell) out. "Oh my God," Elena gasped seeing Damon.

Elena glares at Alex, "What did you do?" she spat.

"Prevented him from draining every single human he doesn't like in town," Alex replied nonchalantly.

"Why would he do that?!" Elena screeched.

"Well, if you haven't noticed Caroline and Calista are missing," Alex said, "And Damon isn't very happy about it."

"Why would he not be happy about it? What is Bonnie—," Elena was cut off.

"—Oh my God, Elena, shut the fuck up," Jeremy groaned from his hidden spot. He had been frustrated when Vicki's ghost is telling him he can bring her back (he doesn't want too) and Anna telling him not to trust Vicki (he could care less) and he hoped for his remaining bit of sanity, that Matt did not show up either, or even Katherine.

"Because he's in love with Calista and Caroline is his best friend?" Alex suggested making Elena sound like she was dumb. Then Damon groans in pain and the tracker Bonnie is using flashes red, the twins were in pain.