The Return

Damon POV

"Hmm, so Katherine's in town, lovely," my mother now wore a sadistic smirk that her and Uncle Nik were known for. "That smirk scares me," Jenna admitted.

"It's scarier when her twin joins in, and her husband—never mind be more scared, the husband's joined," Alaric spoke as Dad now looked excited to tear the bitch apart. My phone rang, "Soooo Katherine stabbed John and I kinda wished I was downstairs to see it, so does Jenna," Jeremy spoke as soon as I answered the phone.

"Damn I would have loved to have seen that, showed up, scare her, have her try to run, but Vlad gets in the way, then proceed to tear her apart so badly that a Bennett witch couldn't put her back together, no offense Bonnie," Mom said.

"None taken," Bonnie said, she had also been angry that Katherine reappeared, it meant Kol had to leave but Mom was staying here, she was going to be inside more though. Katherine didn't know who Mom married so she wouldn't make that connection.

Bonnie and I had entered the hospital soon after the little meeting. Liz had informed me because Calista is in "shock" and she didn't tell Bonnie or me. "Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay?" I asked in fake shock.

"She's in surgery. It's...they're doing everything they can. I need your help Damon," Liz admitted, "Mayor Lockwood is dead. They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement."

"Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" I questioned, already knowing the answer. While my mother hated Petrovas, my father hated the Lockwoods.

"No, no. a mistake was made, they said he dropped like the others when John's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire. I've known the man my whole life and now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers and all I can think of right now is Caroline and..." Liz started to weep. I then arrive to see Elena talking to Bonnie and Calista, "Already taken care of, she was given some vampire blood to help heal," I spoke up and Calista finally made her way over to me. "A vampire snuck into the house and almost killed John," Elena said.

"I don't blame them," Calista said and Elena looked at her outraged before backing off at my glare, she had still been in my arms so I spotted the look Elena had pretty quickly. "John kinda made it obvious he's the one that had the device, with his smug aura around him," Calista added.

"Also, hate to tell you this," oh please I'm gonna love this, "Katherine made her appearance, it might've been her," I told Elena who seemed surprised that Calista and Bonnie didn't ask anything. My phone then rang and I saw the message, 'Katherine was just here,' I stared in distaste at the phone. "Well," I started, "She was at your house again, pretending to be you," I said. I kissed Calista on the forehead (her mom was nearby) and left with Elena while Bonnie stayed with Calista where they were also keeping an eye on Caroline's spell.

"Did she say what she wanted?" I asked Stefan once we were alone in the kitchen.

"No."

"Woman certainly knows how to make an entrance," I said, not hiding my annoyance.

"She said she fooled one of us, at least. What does that mean?" Stefna asked.

"Oh, she tried coming onto me and I wasn't having it. She didn't fool me, she's pretending she did,"like all the other times when I was 'human'.

Elena entered, "I told Jeremy, I can't lie to him anymore," she said in her woe-is-me tone. Please, Jeremy knew more than you did in his first week of even knowing.