Smells Like Teen Spirit

The Mikaelsons had taken refuge at the Tepes house, Alaric walked in and immediately starts laughing. "What happened?" Finn asked. Sage had also followed the Mikaelsons to the Tepes house but would stay hidden like Ingrid and Alex partly had to do. The only Mikaelson missing was Elijah, it was agreed amongst the siblings and the two second generations that their brother/uncle would be safer if he was hidden in the coffins.

"Elena wanted me to help her learn how to stake a vampire and she couldn't even get the stake out of the mannequin," Alaric laughed. A few of them snickered, happy to have some amusement after finding out Mikael was awake.

"It gets better," Alaric said through his laughs, "Then Jenna came by, pulled it out and said to Elena, 'you better not use this on me or I'm haunting your ass and ruining every single relationship you have until you die...hope you don't become a vampire,' and strolled away," he said now calming down as the siblings laugh a bit more.

*******

"Here we are. Senior year," Caroline said, staring up at the school.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked.

"Don't you know the movies and shows lie?" Calista questioned.

"And prank night was a bust, but we are accepting it, and we are moving on," Caroline added.

"Yeah, we can do that," Bonnie said.

"Separate from the boyfriends," Calista pouted.

"I miss summer," Bonnie pouted.

"Today's our anniversary," Elena spoke, dampening the mood, "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year," she said.

"And poor you that he didn't give you blood for that bite of yours," Calista said under her breath.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked.

"I have to be here," Elena replied confidently, "I have to put it behind me. New year. New life," she added, walking ahead of them.

"Such a Katherine answer," Caroline said quietly so only her twin and friend heard.

"Totally not like Katherine at all," Calista added. Her phone then buzzed with a new text message, 'Two brunettes ruined a fucking Persian rug—who the fuck does that??????'

"Silas' doppelganger with a blood problem," Caroline answered with a shrug after reading over her sister's shoulder.

"Well, Silas has a killing problem," Bonnie added.

"So do the Mikaelsons minus Elijah. Hell, Ingrid told me Finn and Freya have a slight problem," Calista said as they walk in, her phone going off again, 'Rebekah is here, guess the plan is in action,' Damon had written and Calista passed along the message. Klaus had to leave again to fulfill his promise to some werewolves, also allowing Tyler to break his sire bond. Rebekah was to show up at the Salvatore house until Mikael appeared. If one of them wanted to dagger Rebekah, Damon will have switched it out with a temporary one and Rebekah would sneak out.

The three girls watched as Elena brought out her phone and answered a phone call, "Hey. Are you checking up on me? Because I'm fine," Elena said.

"You might want to come here for a while. We have a new house mate. Mini Barbie Klaus," Damon said.

"Rebekah? She's living with you now? Why? And why not with Ingrid?" Elena asked.