A Few Good Men

Third POV

"Hey, Bonnie, it's me just checking in, seeing how you're doing. We miss you here. Don't let your aunt drive you too crazy, come home soon. Love you." Elena had left another voicemail on Bonnie's phone. She believed she was just out of town with her aunt. Really, Bonnie had just been camping out at the Tepes house gaining control of her abilities. As Ingrid and Kol were originally witches, they helped her a lot with her new magic.

"What are you doing out here? It's cold," Jenna asked.

"Thinking, writing. The, uh, funeral for Bonnie's grandma, it brought back a lot about mom and dad. I was wondering...you said that you would do some digging about them, the adoption," she explained.

"Right," Jenna said.

"So did you? Dig?"

"Come on inside."

They walked inside and Jenna pulled out a laptop and pulled up some documents she had on there, "Your dad kept everything from his medical practice—records, logs, old appointment books," she found the page from the journal, "I found an entry from the night you were born. Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson," she explained.

"Do you think that's her real name?"

"Pregnant teenage runway? Probably not. First name, maybe. But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend? So I bing'd it. I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found 3—2 men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Vill, Virginia," Jenna explained.

"That's not far from here." Jenna then proceeded to show Elena pictures of who she knew was Isobel and dropped the bomb that Elena's mother and Alaric's wife might've been the same person. She went and talked to Stefan about what she heard about and asked, "How's Damon doing?" that was the ultimate question, Stefan didn't know. Anytime he saw him, he was either leaving the house or drunk and feeding off some person. Damon had just been mad there was no Katherine, although he did have a feeling she would've gotten out of the tomb. He had also been helping Bonnie with her magic and spending more time with the twins. He was supposed to leave soon because Caroline and Calista wanted to be turned, they had a bad feeling and didn't want to be a traditional vampire if something happened. Damon would turn Calista while Caroline asked Ingrid to turn her. He was letting them enjoy the last few days human. Right now he was dealing with a drunk set of twins as Stefan had walked in, immediately ruining the atmosphere.

"Greetings," Damon said annoyed as Stefan turned off the music.

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah," Calista came and sat by his side, leaning against him while Caroline sat on his other side. The three looked annoyed that there fun was ruined.

"Without the twins?"

"Anything you have to say to me, you can say in front of them. They're good at keeping secrets, but I already know what you're going to say. You're worried about me. That's nice. Don't be. There's no need. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? I spent the last 145 years with one goal: get in that tomb. I succeeded. Granted, Katherine wasn't in there to be rescued, but why dwell? You know, it's so liberating not having a master plan, because I can do whatever the hell I want," Damon ranted.

"That's kind of what I'm afraid of," Stefan countered.

"Relax. I haven't killed anyone in," Damon sighed, "too long."

"The twins?"

"And there goes people thinking I'm going to do something to the twins again. They've been stressed, I let them have time away from their mother and get drunk," Damon pushed the bottle he was holding against Stefan's chest, "Business as usual. Predictable you didn't pull me over here for a pep talk. So drink up. Spill it, brother."