Friday Night Bites

Calista POV

"Hey Calista. What's up with Caroline. She's not answering her phone," Bonnie asked me. "Oh she's just helping our new friend," I told as I walked into the school.

In history, Stefan got to show off, bet it was for Elena. He blamed it on crossword puzzles. That would not make you remember that much at all. I saw Elena show up to the cheerleading practice. I was never really into that, I would just wait for Caroline to do her practice while Bonnie asked again about Caroline who I know missed today to bring up suspicions especially from Stefan.

"Seriously, where is Caroline?"

"I don't know. It's not like her," Elena said if she actually cared.

"I'll try her again," Bonnie said not seeing Caroline arrive in Damon's car with him. She kissed his cheek before walking out. "Uh..." came from Elena.

"Oh, my God. That must be the mystery guy from the grill," Bonnie said realization.

"That's not a mystery guy. That's Damon Salvatore," Elena said.

"Salvatore, as in Stefan?!"

"I got the other brother," Caroline bragged as Damon came to sit next to me. "So how'd we do," he whispered.

"Well they've been asking about Caroline all day, I said she was helping our new friend, Stefan decided to show off his history skills and stupidly blamed it on crosswords," Damon snorted, "Matt is whining, Tyler is flirty, and Tanner is a dick but what's new about those three." I leaned against Damon's shoulder as he talked about his confrontation with Stefan about Vicki, "Maybe you should compel him to turn Vickie and forget that he did it," I suggested.

Damon gave me a look, "You've been around my mother to much," he concluded.

"Yes, yes I have," I quickly agreed.

"But I was thinking of doing that too," Damon said.

"Well you have an excuse for coming up with that. You're half Mikaelson," he smirked at the sentence. "Well I gotta go annoy Stefan, I'll see and Caroline later," he then left right before practice was over.

Salvatore House

Damon POV

"How were tryouts? Did you make the team? Very Emerson, the way you reveal your soul with so many...adjectives," I said as I read Stefan's diary in his room.

He snatched the book out of my hands and said, "What are you doing here?"

"I've come to apologize. I've been doing some thinking, some soul searching, and... I want us to start over. We need to put the past behind us. You're my little brother, and if you want to live a normal, happy human life, then I want that for you. Maybe I can do it, too. That I can learn to be a non-living living person. Maybe there's hope for both of us," I said and tried to keep a straight face but I just couldn't do it.

"You know, it doesn't have to be this way, Damon,"

"Of course it doesn't. I saw Elena today, BTW. That means "by the way." She was at cheerleading practice. She looked so perky in her little short shorts," I thankfully managed to hide my own cringe from that image, "Just...simmer down, I didn't even go near her. I've got my own cheerleader now. Ooh, that reminds me...I gotta run. I have a date. Sweaty palms. Wish me luck," I was actually nervous because of the date with the cheerleader's sister. Caroline was going to o do her own thing so Calista and I had time alone. I had taken Calista out for dinner before Caroline joined us and we all went to the fair but left early to crash Elena's dinner party.