Family Ties

Damon POV

Of course, me, being the ass that I am, made Stefan have a nightmare of me attacking Elena. He woke up gasping, "Bad dream? Do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football references... Too soon," he threw a knife and it landed in my stomach. I pulled it out and said, "All right, I deserved that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing Coach Tanner and all those people."

"What are you talking about?"

"It was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. "Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls,"'

"Why would you cover your tracks?" he asked, suspicious.

"I've decided to stay a while. And I'm just having way too much fun here with you and Elena," or I was staying with Calista but he didn't need to know that.

"Can't touch her now," I don't want to.

"Well, the vervain keeps me out of her head. Maybe that's not my target. Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift," thank goodness Calista surprisingly likes rock music. I then returned the favor to Stefan and stabbed him in the stomach, and it was very satisfying watching him in pain. I looked at the hole in my shirt, "This is John Varvatos, dude. Dick move," I then left.

Jeremy POV

Uh why is Elena trying to give out the Gilbert's stuff, she's not even their daughter, she's there niece! That stuff belongs to me! Jenna who was distracted from the news of Logan Fell had given Jeremy a look to calm down. After Stefan had showed up, we both rolled our eyes knowing exactly what she was doing and went to visit Ingrid and Vlad. Ingrid had been helping the Forbes Twins with their dresses so we hung out with Vlad who told us some of his stories.

Calista POV

"You're both going with Damon to the founder's party? What about me?" Bonnie questioned.

"Go with Elena," we both said.

"She's asking Stefan,"

"Okay, go by yourself," I said.

"Gee, thanks. What about your mom? Is she okay with you bringing Damon?"

"And we're supposed to care why?" Caroline said.

"He's older sexy danger guy,"

"Older sexy danger guy? Is that an official witch twitter tweet?" Caroline followed up.

"No more witch jokes, okay? That whole Mr. Tanner prediction has me freaked," came Bonnie's quick response.

"Okay. And Damon's not dangerous. You know, he just has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-rooted drama,"

"Like...?"

"We're not going to say cause it's his own damn business that he trusted us with. We don't need you blabbing to Elena because you two tell each other everything," I spoke up and Caroline nodded before we walked away arm in arm.

(Salvatore House)

Damon POV

"I didn't know you were here," Zach said.