Memory Lane

Third POV

Stefan woke up to what he thought was Elena next to him until he got up and turned back around, "Katherine," he stated.

"You have to admit I am getting better at this," she said. "It was easy to get inside of your head. Have you completely forsaken your nature?" she was even more surprised because of how much pain and how weak she felt at the moment, but she couldn't even remember why. She was going to scare the twins, and then nothing. Stefan rushed but she pushed him back, he was that weak compared to her that she could still do that. But, when she did that, Stefan noticed she was weaker in one leg, as if it was bothering her, and then noticed she was holding her side.

"Are we really gonna do this again? You both know I could rip you to shreds and do my nails at the same time," Katherine said. She then thought about Damon again, for some reason she was fearing that name.

"Did you suddenly wake up in pain and not remember?" Stefan asked, noticing that Katherine was, in fact, limping. Katherine looked surprised and nodded, "Well, uh, it happened to me too, but for you, good," he said and left her there.

Damon entered the Mystic Grill holding hands with Calista, they were both rather satisfied after that torture session with Katherine. They saw Elena take one look at Damon before she gets up, "Well, she's making it obvious," Calista commented.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you," Elena said, stubbornly. Damon pressed into Calista's side so she wouldn't "assume" Elena was Katherine. Not like she took all her anger out form Elena onto Katherine either.

"Okay, see you at Jenna's barbecue," Damon said.

Elena turned back around and faced them with a surprised face, "How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?"

"It was our idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know they guy. So Calista had the idea so I told Ric to tell Jenna and..."

Elena cut him off, "Does Jenna know that you're going to be there because you're not exactly a fan of hers," 'Yeah, shows what she knows,' Calista thought and she could tell Damon was thinking the same thing based off the smirk he wore. A woman arrived and gave them the peach cobbler they ordered. "Perfect. Thank you. I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way, unless Calista and Caroline steal all of it, it's there favorite," Damon said.

"They're both gonna be there?!" Elena said startled. She didn't want two newbie vampires to possibly attack her brother or aunt. "Problem?" she jumped at the stern tone and realized she blurted that out in front of one of the twins, and her vampire boyfriend. "Be lucky I'm letting that pass, now I'm going put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he is a werewolf. See you at the barbeque," and Damon left with Calista behind them. He was glad he didn't have to worry about silver getting into the twins' systems because they were changed to be like him and his sister and mother, like his father was when his mother found him. Caroline and Calista were warned that they would feel irritated or uncomfortable near silver but it wouldn't burn until they built there tolerance. Damon also knew werewolves were not affected by silver, it was just sanguine vampires, but he wanted to build suspense. That rumor had started because some sanguine vampire had gotten too animalistic and they thought it was a werewolf, which is where the rumor had started after it burned when in contact with silver.

"Hey," Damon said, walking in to the Gilbert house.

"Damon," Jenna said in annoyance, 'She is a really good actor, gotta give her credit', Damon thought.