Unpleasantville

Damon POV

I was searching through all the books we had, trying to find the damn grimoire. Alex and mom were trying to do a location spell and only could see the name Salvatore so I was searching in the books, hoping to find it. Of course, just my luck, Stefan walked in, "What are you lookin' for, Damon?"

"Not your concern," I replied.

"No, but pulling Elena in harm's way, that is my concern," he said.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and concentrate on the book in my hands that I was flipping through, "Hm hm. What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Atlanta,"

I looked up at him, "Oh, yeah. Elena, Calista, and I had a blast."

"I get it. You're just bitter because one of us gets to be with the person we love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach. Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. Is that what Bree said?" since when had he been that delusional thinking I loved Katherine? Oh yeah, always. "You're pathetic when you're fishing," was my reply.

"And your transparent when you're deflecting," he said.

"Don't you have school?" was all I asked for him to disappear. I sent a quick text warning Calista to stay with Caroline and Bonnie. I kinda wish I was there when Caroline flat out said the necklaces given to them by Elena had vervain in it and they already ingest vervain. Bonnie was trying to get answers out of Elena about her birth parents to see what she knew. Jenna had told us it was John Gilbert and Isobel Flemming which Alaric had bitterly revealed was his ex-wife that I had convinced another vampire to turn but she thinks it was me. Alaric knew this, he wanted an opportunity to get revenge on what he had to go through.

I made it to the grill where Bonnie had texted me about somebody giving her a bad feeling and wanting to leave Elena. I had a confrontation with Bonnie resulting in the guy coming over. I saw a look in Bonnie's eye and decided to leave them alone. I had gone to my parents house where I, unsurprisingly, found Calista. "So catch me up," I said. "Bonnie and Ben but you already knew that, she is having violent thoughts, she's been around your mom a bit too much, Anna still doesn't fully remember what happened here just that we are humans helping her, Jeremy's watch is missing, and can you take me to the dance?" she listed off.

"My mom influences everyone she's around too much, so not surprising, Anna's an idiot, I think Stefan stole the watch, and yes I will who's going with Caroline?" I answered.

"Matt's going with her, but as friends," she said. "Oh and Jenna is going to reveal little bits about Elena's parents, starting with Isobel's name. And she's going to go chaperone with Alaric," she added.

"Ooooh Ric's making a move," I teased. She nodded with a big smile, everyone had been waiting for one of them to make a move.

While I was getting ready for the dance, Stefan brings in a journal claiming that it gave him no answer on how to open the tomb and that he would help only to get Katherine out. This was entirely suspicious and I knew that he knows something and would use it against me. Maybe he's going to try to trap me in there?

"Stefan's phone," I answered when his phone went off. "Where is he?" Elena responded, a bit panicked.

"He's on his way to you. Forgot his phone," I said.

Elena sighed, Oh, thank God. This compass was spinning. Stefan must be here. Thank you," she said.

"You're welcome," and hung up the phone and then sent Jeremy a text, 'Stefan stole the watch and gave it to Elena,' it said. Stefan had called me afterwards basically saying the watch was not pointing out Stefan but somebody else, when I arrived and saw Elena with the watch, I was a bit thankful that she wasn't looking, that watch can't sense any Mikaelson, or my father. My kind of vampire isn't sensed because of the magic some of us have, and the Mikaelson's aren't sensed as they were turned with magic, they can hide easier.

Stefan gave me a disbelieving look when I told him that I didn't know who it was, "Don't look at me like that. I told you we had company."

Elena freaks out about the possibility of there being more than one, I convinced them to go to the dance so we could get the bad guy, or really I just wanted to get going because I'm taking Calista. When we did get to the dance, Elena and I walked off to the twins and Bonnie. Bonnie pretended she wasn't happy to see me but Calista gave me a big smile and sped over to me, rolling her eyes when hearing Elena claim that I would behave. Elena was dancing with Stefan, being smug about dancing with him and not me, but I didn't care, I was dancing with Calista.

"Anna's approaching Alex and Jeremy," she said quietly and I listened in as Jeremy said, "You're doin' that thing again," he sounded a bit annoyed.

"What thing would that be?"

"That thing where you pretend we're dating, even though we're not. I'm dating Alex," Jeremy said. Oh yeah, that happened about a week ago.

"Oh, you mean stalking," she said sarcastically even though that is exactly what she is doing, "Yeah," she laughs, "Get over yourself. Come on. I've never been to a school dance before. Humor me," Anna said. I could practically feel my sister's anger from here. "Uh, no," Jeremy said.

"I take it from the fact Jeremy just pulled a glaring Alex away from a stunned Anna, it did not go well?" Calista spoke up again. "No it definitely did not, Anna has reached stalker status apparently," I said. Sometime later she had left to go back with her sister and Bonnie and was texting me about how Bonnie is flirting with Ben and Ben asked her on a date, while it is becoming very clear Matt has a thing with Caroline. Alex had walked up to me, "She just asked for the Gilbert journal and her vampire eyes appeared in front of Jeremy and I," she said.

"What did you do?"

"We still did not give her the journal, and acted amazed and stunned seeing her eyes," she replied with an eye roll. Seems like everyone was doing that today. 'There's a vamp near me,' came a text from Jeremy, I had stolen back his watch and he was wearing it just now and I had seen a man in a hoodie behind him. He had begun to follow Elena and before he could do anything to her, I appeared and turned my back to her, showing my actual vampire face, ripped out his throat with my teeth, could've possibly been my animalistic side coming out, and stabbed in the heart with a stake. I turned back around to Elena and the just arriving Stefan and they looked shocked. "What? He had to die. He most likely was attacking Elena because she looked like Katherine."

Afterwards, after I got Alaric to run off to make sure Jeremy, Jenna, and Alex keep an eye on Anna, Stefan approached me again about the offer about the tomb, the fact he came up to me twice about it is telling me he does in fact have something planned.

Jenna and the twins were both at my parent's house, Alex had filled them in on Anna, Jenna had a huge smile as she went on about how Alaric asked her on a date. Caroline had said that Matt had kissed her after admitting he can't get over Elena, she slapped him and said she just wanted to be friends, she never was interested in him like that. Bonnie came running in, "Anna's in a relationship with Ben who is also a vampire," She revealed out of breath.