Miss Mystic Falls

Damon POV

"There was a disturbance at the hospital blood bank last night; some of the supply was compromised," Liz had told John Gilbert and I.

"Compromised? You mean stolen?" I asked.

"We almost missed it. The inventory records were altered but when the night manager was questioned he had no recollection of changing them."

"Meaning that the vampire who stole the blood used mind control to hide the theft," John said, talking like I was a child and looking at me with accusing eyes. I'm starting to see some resemblance to a certain doppelganger now.

"I know what you meant," I said in annoyance.

"We wouldn't have noticed had John not alerted us to recent discrepancies in other hospital banks in the county."

"How lucky for us, we have John," I looked at him with a threatening look, very satisfied by the slight fear I saw.

"We're stepping up security at the hospital, giving the guard vervain to prevent this from happening again."

"Sheriff, may I offer a suggestion? Why don't Damon and I put our heads together? We can track down whoever is doing this," John suggested, bringing some dark thoughts to my mind.

"Truthfully I can use the extra hands. Is that something you would be willing to do?"

"Well, of course. I mean if it'll help."

"I think we could make a good team, don't you think Damon?"

"John, whatever I can do to help keep this town safe; even if it means spending time with you," we fake smiled at each other. Oh, he's soooo screwed.

Bonnie POV

I finally got back to the High School, walking into Ric's class, interrupting his speech. He looked excited to see me, I actually did leave for a bit after the twins had turned and I sat down, waving to the twins and ignoring Elena and Stefan.

"Bonnie!" I heard Elena calling; I was looking at my papers showing the work I missed.

"Hey," I said when she caught up to me.

"Hey, I tried to grab you after class but you had already taken off. How are you? How's your family?" she asked. Well I really wouldn't know, I went on vacation with Kol, he took me to New Orleans and I got to meet his brother Klaus. I could definitely see him and Caroline being together.

"We're dealing, it's been hard."

"Everyone here really missed you." We talked a bit more, or it was more of me trying to keep my act up and trying to get Elena to go away. I wasn't lying about not wanting to come back, I wanted to explore more, I wanted to wear the new clothes I got with Rebekah, or try some new spells I learned with Finn and Kol. Klaus was even teaching me how to translate the images/visions I see to paintings, apparently Ingrid could do it, since the two were twins, he knew how to do it too even if he didn't have magic.

"Bonnie! Bonnie!" I heard the twins call, rescuing me from Elena, "Thank God you're home!" they both said. I hadn't actually gotten to see them yet. They both pulled me in for hugs, thankfully they were conscious of their strength now. "I know we talked everyday but we missed you," Caroline said. We were actually texting, and not a lot, it was mainly to fill me in on what has been happening. They wanted me to enjoy my vacation.

"How are you doing?" Calista asked after they both looked rather satisfied at seeing an upset doppelganger. "Better. Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy," I said.