The Reckoning

"Why are we doing this again?" Elena complained as they set up mouse traps all around the floor.

"Because Caroline is making us," Bonnie said as a lie.

"And we get to torture teachers for just a little bit," Calista added.

"And we've been waiting to do this since like freshmen year, let me enjoy Calista and I enjoy this like we're still mortal," Caroline said, mentally including Bonnie.

"Okay, I'm headed to another room," Tyler said, grabbing his supplies.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked, noticing Elena getting up.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," Elena said like it was no big deal.

"She's a doppelganger, she needs all the time she can get," the three sanguines heard Tyler say in the other room making them snicker. Tyler passed by Rebekah who was sneaking in, "Ric's room," he mumbled, Rebekah grabbed her bracelet, sending the message to Klaus and Ingrid. "Get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym Let's go," Tyler says to other students.

Elena laughs and turns around froze.

"There you are," Klaus says with a smile, it only widened hearing Caroline's excited squeal and Calista laughing as she tried calm her sister.

"Klaus!" Elena gasped. She turns around to try to run, but he sped in front of her.

"You were supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" Klaus questioned.

*******

"How much you wanna bet mom and dad are gonna try for a third child in the gym?" Damon said in the car while eating a fry.

"How much do you wanna bet they've already started?" Alex countered next to him, taking another fry.

"Why am I here?!" Jeremy groaned from the back.

"Because you're seeing ghosts and need to be watched," Alex and Damon said in sync.

Jeremy looked at them wide-eyed, "Can I at least have a fry?" he asked and used his faster reflexes to catch the fry thrown at him.

"Stefanie," Alex says and three duck.

*******

"Oh, he lives," Rebekah said disappointedly as Stefan woke up.

"What happened?" Stefan groaned.

"You took a beating. My brother and sister have been breaking your neck all afternoon," Rebekah said, keeping out she got to do it one or two more times.

"Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked.

"You can stop playing dumb now. It didn't take them long to figure out what you're hiding," Rebekah said with a smirk, "Who knows, maybe they knew the whole time?"

Stefan's eyes widened, remembering Klaus' and Rebekah's niece was Alex Tepes, Elena's brother's girlfriend. "Ah, you've made the connection again," Rebekah teased, her smirk still present.

"I did everything Klaus asked me to do," Stefan argued.

"And yet you didn't mention the doppelganger being alive," Rebekah said.

"But Ingrid and Klaus apparently knew," Stefan spat out.

"And now a whole werewolf pack is dead because of you," Rebekah followed up.