The Hybrid

Damon, Caroline, and Calista were watching the news and saw the report of Andie's body being found. Then the twins' phones go off, yet again. "Is that still your dad?" Damon asked.

Both twins check their phones, "Mhmm."

"Why don't you talk to him?"

"We found out what he thinks of vampires," Calista said.

"If our mother tries to kill us because we're vampires," Caroline added.

"Why not our father?" both of them questioned.

"Seeing as Guiseppe shot me, I can see where you would question it," Damon agreed and then groaned as Elena walked in, "Just can't stay away, can you?

"You've been dodging my calls," Elena said.

"With good reason," the twins mumble.

"I've been being a good boyfriend," Damon said, pointing towards Calista, "and a good best friend," he added, pointing at Caroline.

"Why didn't you tell me about Andie?" Elena asked.

"Why should he?" Calista answered with a glare, placing her leg over Damon's lap as she glared.

"Happy Birthday, Elena. Stefan almost killed Jenna and Andie hasn't been seen for a week and I didn't know where she went or why I should know where she went," Damon said sarcastically.

"He called me, Damon," Elena revealed.

The trio on the couch mentally roll their eyes, "What?" Damon voiced.

"Stefan called me last night," Elena clarified.

"Well, What'd he say?"

"He didn't say anything, but it was him. I tried asking Sheriff Forbes, but she seems to be having some issue with someone she doesn't want to see coming, but I looked it up it's a Tennessee area code," Elena said. Caroline and Calista shared a look, it looked like their father was coming. Yeah, they'd be happy to see him, but they don't think he has good intentions. They found out from Carol that their father is a hunter.

"Where he's binge drinking on the country folk. We went through this, Elena. Stefan's gone. I don't mean geographically," Damon said.

"And how do you know that wasn't Klaus that called?" Caroline asked.

"Why would he have my number?" Elena replied like she thought Caroline was stupid.

"Because Klaus can compel vampires," Calista said, amused. Elena's eyes widen before she storms out.

'Boring one headed your way,' Calista sent to Jenna and Alaric.

*******

Klaus and Stefan were walking up a hill in the mountains. "You okay?" Klaus asked, "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine," Stefan grunted, adjusting his hold on Ray who was over his shoulders.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus trails off.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan snarked.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you. I was going to offer, but I'm a bit occupied," Klaus said, adjusting his grip on his sister who decided she didn't want to walk anymore and now Ingrid was asleep on his back.