Isobel

Alaric POV

"It's good to see you. You look good. I hear that you're a high school history teacher? How is that?" Isobel asked as if she hadn't gone missing.

"Where have you been, Isobel?" I replied in an annoyed tone.

"I don't have any reasons that are gonna comfort you. I don't have any explanations that are gonna satisfy you. I wanted this," yeah well, I wanted her dead but we can't always get what we want.

"Okay," was all I said and she looked at me stunned. Always trust a Petrova to want to be dramatic. She snapped out of it and then grabbed a piece of paper, writing something on it. "I understand you know my daughter Elena and I hear that she's been looking for me. So..." she handed me the paper, "I want you to arrange for a meeting with us."

"You want me to deliver a message?"

She smiles like that'll solve everything, "Yeah."

I threw the paper away, "Screw you. You selfish bitch," I said and walked away, fully aware that my phone call was still going. I walked out to the parking lot and sensed her behind me, "What do you want for me?" I questioned.

"I told you."

"I'm not going to do anything for you."

Isobel speeds forward, pushing me against the car, strangling me, "You better tell Elena that I want to meet or I'm gonna start killing the citizens of this town one by one and I'm gonna start with your history students. Got it?" I didn't say anything and she tried to squeeze tighter around my neck only for her to scream in pain and pull away seeing the stake in her leg. "I'm a lot different than you know," I said and got in.

"You got all that?" I said into the phone.

"Yes, are you okay?!" Jenna panicked.

"Yes, Jenna, I'm already healing," I said and made my way to the Tepes house, only to be tackled by Jenna.

"I'm okay Jenna," I reassured her and walked up to the house, "So what are we gonna do?"

"I think it would be best to play her game at the moment, Petrova's like games, she's most likely playing one and John is involved," Vlad suggested, "She's most likely here for the device. The device was actually activated by Emily Bennett, Jonathan Gilbert never made anything," his wife added.

"So I get to mess with it some more?" Bonnie asked. The couple nodded and the meeting was over and everyone went home.

The next day, I was pairing up Tyler and Matt to get them working on the history float when I saw Stefan and Elena, and brought out the paper that Isobel left.

"Hey Mr. Saltzman," Elena greeted.

"Come with me. We need to talk," I immediately said and walked down to the classroom, passing by the twins and Bonnie who were figuring out the float Caroline would be on. Damon had soon entered the room, "Damon, thanks for coming."

"Sorry I'm late. My dog ate my uh...never mind," he said, "What's with all the furrowed brows?"

"I saw Isobel last night," I said.

"Isobel is here?" I nodded, "In town?" I nodded again.

"Did you ask her about Uncle John? Are they working together?"

"No."

"No they're not?"

"No, I didn't ask."