As I Lay Dying

"That'll get easier. But you knew that," Damon's voice startled Elena as she looked up from the letter John left her. She couldn't stop reading it. Her adoptive father and birth father are both dead, so are her adoptive and birth mothers. "What do you want?" Elena asked.

"I want to apologize," Damon said, surprising Elena. Damon was surprised he said that so naturally.

"Damon...," Elena trailed off.

"Please. Elena, feeding you my blood. I was wrong," Damon said.

Elena was confused, she was trying to remember Damon feeding her his blood, but she can't remember it, "Yes, you were," she ended up saying.

"And I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but...I need it," Damon pleaded.

Elena was very confused, why can't she remember? "W-" she tried, but she couldn't speak. Maybe Damon did feed her blood, he seems so sorry about it, so maybe he did and this was just a side effect from coming back to life, "And I need some time, maybe a lot of time," she said, hoping to get rid of her confusion.

"Sure. Of course, take all the time you need," Damon said and left. He left the Gilbert house, going into the Salvatore House, chugged a blood bag knowing Stefan wouldn't leave him alone for long, coughed as some blood went down the wrong way, then grabbed some scotch and laying back on the couch. He adjusted the 'werewolf bite' to look worse. "Damon...Damon!" he could hear Stefan's voice urgently calling as hands shook him rapidly. Damon sprung awake, "Oh thank God, I didn't want you to die. You're not dying," Stefan said.

Damon let his head fall back, "What's the plan, Superman?" he mumbled. He didn't like Superman.

"I'm gonna find a way out of this," Stefan said.

"Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one," Damon snarked.

"I got Bonnie looking for something, anything," Stefan told him.

"Always the hero, Stefan. Just tell me good-bye, get it over with," Damon said and starts coughing and some of the blood that went down the wrong way ended up on his hand.

"Lie still. Conserve your strength," Stefan told him and leaves.

*******

Klaus wakes up and smirks remembering what he and his siblings did to Elijah. "You've been busy," his twin's voice said. He looks up and finds Ingrid standing next to him, "But twinny, you're naked," she said and threw clothes at him, the clothes whacking him in the face. "At least it was me following you, Finn already volunteered me and Caroline probably would've jumped your bones as soon as you woke up," Ingrid bluntly comments. Klaus chuckles at Ingrid's rambling, "How long has it been?" he asked.

"Almost two days, you apparently can stay a wolf without the full moon. Do you remember anything? You seem to know who our siblings were and only let me pet you and then you found Caroline, spent some time with you and allowed her to give you belly rubs, then found Alex and snuggled her because she was happy to see her uncle as a wolf. Then you as a wolf wanted to introduce yourself to Tyler, scaring Carol when he saw you both, but I calmed her down. Tyler now sees you as his alpha and I'm the alpha female even if I don't actually shift into a wolf. Caroline remains a best friend and Vlad a father figure to him. Hubby was still laughing from confronting Stefan, and then you attacked Andie who is surprisingly fast for a newbie vampire. Our siblings took her back after stuffing Elijah in a coffin and now she's stuck in Ric's apartment again. Elena woke up and thinks Jenna was taken away by me or Alex. John Gilbert is dead and Jeremy now his ring as a backup which Bonnie is going to adjust the ring to allow Jeremy and Alex's future children to be able to wear them. Damon with werewolf bite plan is going along brilliantly. Expect Stefan to show up," Ingrid rambled as Klaus got dressed.