The Dinner Party

Third POV

Damon was a bit annoyed at the decision to have a dinner party, but knew it was probably good to get Elijah out of the picture for now. He was talking to Stefan, "What's going on?" was the first thing he asks.

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed, even made out with Calista," Damon replies. Calista, who was heard him, whacked him in the chest, making him fly over the coach, "She heard me," he added.

"Thought so," Stefan said.

"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night," Damon told him.

"How do you know?" Stefan asked.

"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus, our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon trailed off. Tyler was actually going to visit Klaus, Carol was actually distraught, she had no husband or son with her.

"...killing Elijah?" Stefan finished.

"Exactly," Damon replies with a smirk. He knew it wouldn't be permanent, what his mother will do to Elijah will be permanent, at least mentally. Vlad had to hold Ingrid down so Damon could leave, she didn't want him going near Elijah again.

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty," Stefan says.

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger," Damon replies looking at the dagger his Uncle Kol had been the test subject of. "I added a little thing to make sure it'll hurt," his mom had told him when she handed over the dagger, the slightly sadistic look that her and her twin was known for on her face.

"He's an Original," Stefan reminded him, "We don't know what all that encompasses."

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm going to dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises," Damon told him, he could practically hear Stefan's surprise through the phone as he says, "Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually being careful for once?"

"Yes, Stefan, I've become you," Damon said, hearing Calista giggle from the other room, "How tragic for both of us. Got to run. I've a murder to plan. Busy day," he says and hangs up the phone. "How badly does Ingrid want to kill him?" Calista asked him.

"If Dad wasn't her mate, she would've snapped his neck to prevent me from leaving," Damon replied honestly. Calista wasn't happy about her mate getting stabbed in the neck with a pencil but she knew she would be able to get her turn at the Original, Ingrid, Vlad, and Alex would just get it first.

Jenna had found herself unfortunately in the Original's presence at they looked at the Old Fell Property. "The old Fell property is just beyond that fence," she said, pointing past the fence in front of them.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families," he said emphasizing the last bit, almost in annoyance.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was migration of townsfolk form the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise," Elijah explained, saying that witches had been the first to arrive, fleeing from Salem.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked.

Elijah nodded, "Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually "found" anything."

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in the 1860s. Men are very territorial," Jenna assumed. She knew it was true, Alaric had been there tracking where Elijah was, being told he had been in the area.