Brave New World

Damon POV

"Dying does make us hungry though," Calista said. Caroline seemed to have an idea, "Nurse!" she called panicked, "My sister collapsed!" the nurse came rushing in only and looked down at Calista who was clutching her head looking as if she just woke up, "What happened?" she asked like Caroline did not just yell it. Instead of answering, Caroline grabbed her from behind and Calista jumped up and they both drained the woman. "Better?" mom asked.

"Better," they both said.

"Should I be expecting to be hear of some kind of killing spree or two on the news?" mom asked looking at Alex and I when she took back the phone. Alex and I looked down sheepishly when we heard Nik through the phone, "Like you care."

"You're right, I don't," mom said as we all laughed.

The next morning, I was at the Lockwood manor talking to Carol, "So I understand John Gilbert has left town. Have they found the vampire that attacked him?" she asked me.

"Well, the sheriff has asked me to take the lead on that and I promise you I will get to the bottom of it," I promised.

"Which brings me to my next subject. With Richard gone, I'll be acting as interim mayor until the elections and I'm going to need someone to spearhead out the council. I'd like that person to be you," I still cannot believe how humans still can't tell that I am a vampire, it's usually the newbies or the hungry that get caught. The twins had actually been doing rather well, "Whatever you need Carol. As a founding family member it's something that's very close to me so I would be honored to help keep this town safe from vampires."

Then I heard Mason and Tyler come in, Mason had been questioning Tyler's anger problem, which is really sounding Twilightish that the wolves would shift with the anger was uncontrollable. I was listening in on their conversation and Carol was none the wiser until she asked if I wanted more tea did I start listening again. When I left, I called Calista, "How is it so far?"

"We've not ate, been sitting in the dark, and avoiding the sunlight, we yelled at Matt so he no doubt blab to Bitchlena," she responded, "How is it with Bitchlena and Douchan?"

I snorted, "He is walking around on egg shells and she is avoiding me because I snapped at her. Now I'm going to go see Saint Stefan, and put in phase Turned Twins and Lockwood Secret," I told her.

"Woo, can't wait," I heard from both twins.

"Ooh, I get sarcasm," I countered making them both laugh. I hung up the phone and remembered the feeling I had earlier and walked in angrily, grabbing a blood bag as Stefan also walked in, "Care for one?" I asked with a big attitude.

"No, thank you. I'm not hungry, just ate."

"Are you worried that one day, all the forest animals are gonna band together and fight back? I mean, surely they talk," I would love to see that.

"I'm just happy that's a blood bag and not a sorority girl supplying your dinner," he said looking down at the bag I was savagely breaking into. He sounded cautious sensing my anger, "I like this. You, walking on egg shells around me because you think I'm gonna explode. Very suspenseful. Is Elena worried too? I bet I'm your every conversation," I said.

"Have you heard from Katherine?" he asked and it looked like he immediately regretted it. It might have been the blood bag I just made explode from squeezing it so hard or that gosh darn refrigerator breaking again. "I think the Lockwoods have a family secret because the Gilbert device affected them but vervain didn't so they're not vampires, they're something else. As for Katherine, I am going to do soooooo much more than kill her the next time I see her. That hag made two new vampires, she snapped Calista's neck and suffocated Caroline to death," I said.

Stefan had looked curious at the mention of the Lockwoods, but looked surprised at the mention of the twins, "The twins are vampires? Whose blood did they have?"

"Yes! And they willingly took mine, I would put it in Calista and Caroline's drinks, with their permission, Calista called as soon as they woke up, they are aware of who Katherine is, and Elena had not even visited since that one time when Caroline was in surgery, she was intending to murder them, now they are vampires," I ranted, I had been doing that quite a bit lately. I stopped by the fair, still a little angry, "Have you seen the twins?" I asked Jeremy knowing they just left the hospital. "Pretty sure they are at the Grill at the moment," he said, "Did you tell Stefan?" Alex asked coming up next to us.

"Yes, has he still been an idiot trusting too many people?" I asked.

"He told me how to kill him, he doesn't know that I am a mostly trained hunter, I could take him," Jeremy said. He had almost finished his training where Ric wanted it to be he wanted to be another year old first, so he had about a couple more months. Tyler and Mason were doing an arm wrestling competition and were winning. Stefan was watching, "Observe and try, really try," I told him, "Stefan wants a go!" I announced, "I'm finding the twins," I told him, knowing he would lose. I found the twins with Matt, guess Elena didn't know yet, time to make her feel bad, "Oh Elena! Got news you want to hear!"

Elena sighed and came with me, "You know, you are a terrible friend," was the first thing I said. She looked a bit insulted, "Ah-ah, before you start your little tangent, your ancestor went and killed the twins," she gasped dramatically in shock, "But thankfully I slip them my blood sometimes and I told them full knowledge about vampires, I'd say they are handling it quite well. And the thing is, they said they knew it was Katherine because you only visited once and it was when Caroline was in surgery, some friend you are," I said right as Stefan came in, looking deep in thought. Guess that guy I compelled made Mason flash his eyes.

"Why did she go for the twins?" Elena asked.

"Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty, little slut," I said. I walked out and found the two feeding off the human I used earlier, they both growled when I came closer and I held my hands up to say that I wasn't going to take their food. When they finished, Calista said, "Dying really made us hungry—"

"Really love having the fresh stuff again," Caroline finished. I nodded in agreement and said, "Look upset," I told them and I still can't believe how good actresses they are cause they immediately started bawling and clinging to me. Stefan and Elena had arrived and the twins heard, and tried to get behind me, "Get away from us! You killed us!" Caroline screamed at Elena.

"No, no, no, no, Caroline. That wasn't me. You know that. You know that was Katherine," Elena said desperately.

"Oh yeah, cause you only visited that one time, how were we supposed to know it was Katherine when she walked in. I had to see my twin get suffocated to death for fucks sake!" Calista yelled, Elena looked down in shame.

"Caroline? Calista?" Bonnie had arrived. She looked down at the human I know she had hung out with earlier, "Katherine killed the twins. The twins killed the human," I said. She looked down at the body, "Eh, he was boring," she shrugged. Yeah, she belonged with Kol.

"Bonnie why are you not surprised?" Stefan asked.

Bonnie looked at Stefan in anger, "Because at least through Damon, I can get more information on things. I knew he was giving the twins his blood so I accepted one day they will be vampires. Even had rings made," she held up two new gold rings so the twins would have backups. The twins grabbed them and put them on their hands before hiding back behind me, I could feel both of them pressing their heads against my back while Calista had grabbed my arm, wrapping her arms around it while Caroline was wrapped around her sister's closest arm. Stefan stepped forward to try to grab the girls and I glared at him as the twins tried to make themselves smaller, he tried to move more and gained an aneurysm. "Bonnie, stop!" Elena yelled as she rushed over to her boyfriend, not knowing I'm the one causing pain. Bonnie caught on quickly, "Then he has to leave the twins alone. I believe they will be fine with Damon," she said.

"Fine!" Stefan screamed. I quickly stopped the aneurysm and grabbed the twins and ran back to their house. They magically cleaned themselves up to look presentable and hugged me goodbye, or in Calista's case, gave me a very big kiss. "What? I hadn't gotten to do that in a while."