Bad Moon Rising

Damon POV

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" I teased Ric, knowing the man loves his bourbon.

Alaric sucked in a breath to keep his amusement at bay, "Elena mentioned you needed my help," he said, somehow managing to keep the annoyance on his face. Maybe he was actually annoyed; he was having a date with Jenna after all.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan said.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked. See, the suspicion here is that they would know he's an immortal hunter, but those two are idiots.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might," I added and saw the annoyance increase more, thankfully Isobel was legally dead, or else Ric would be having some trouble.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena specified.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan mentioned. It was actually Isobel looking into things Alaric released; she thinks she did it on her own.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction," he lied, but again, the others didn't know that. "Like that amazing vampire story," I said taking another shot at Twilight, I couldn't help myself.

Elena gave me an annoyed look, "Aside from vampires, what else?"

"The lycanthrope," Ric revealed.

"Wait, like werewolves?" No Elena, a fairy.

"No way, impossible, way to Lon Chaney," I spoke up, being the negative factor.

"Is it?" Stefan asked Ric.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years," more like over three hundred, "never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" I questioned.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Ric asked, avoiding my question.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler," I said.

"And at the school carnival his Uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers," Stefan added, "It suggests it's some sort of supernatural entity."

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena said.

Ric sighed, "Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing," and presumed dead, I knew he liked that bit.

"Ric, we need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed," actually I would fine. Sanguines could handle a wolf bite, we were just similar to an Original. I remembered when Alex was almost attacked by one and Dad fought it off, but got bit as mom jumped on the wolf and tore it apart. Dad acted as if he had the flu or a bit and had to be barricaded in a room as he was having hallucinations.

I was waiting with Jenna and Alaric while Stefan was up with Elena, "How have the twins been?" Jenna asked me. "Well according to Calista, Matt is not leaving them alone," the twins had been having to keep up the newbie-vampires-that-are-still-in-shock, and have slightly barricaded themselves in there house. "And Elena is such a great friend and never asking about them even though she went boohoo after I called her out about it," I added.