Ghost World

Damon woke up tied to a chair and his ring on the floor. Mason Lockwood watches him. "Oh, you got to be kidding me," he groans seeing the fireplace poker in his chest.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Mason taunts.

Damon snorts and yanks and pulls the chains, grunting in pain as the chains break. Mason Lockwood's ghost looks on his shock as Damon lets out a loud roar as the poker comes out. Then he mutters something and Mason groans in pain. Damon then fell over, breaking the spell on Mason and the ghost goes to open the curtains only to drop his jaw in shock that Damon didn't even burn. Jokes on him, all Mikaelsons wore multiple sun protection enchantments.

Damon pulls out his phone, "Damon?" Bonnie answers.

"Problem," he grunts out.

"What kind?"

"Like Jeremy's," he answered.

"Were you attacked?"

"Oh yeah," he said quietly.

"Where's Calista?"

"Told her to run," he answered.

"I'll tell Caroline," she said, "We're at the town square."

*******

"So when you sent Vicki and Matt away, it didn't get rid of Anna too?" Caroline asked after she had arrived with a shaken Calista.

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping the two get physical footholds here. Jeremy still has a direct line because it seems Anna is stubborn," Bonnie said, a bit grumpy. She's the one that has been dealing with a worried Alex calling her.

"Do you think it allowed Mason through?" Calista mumbled out her question.

"I don't get it," Bonnie said, "I'm not connected to the ancestors anymore and when I do one thing against the balance of nature, a death over an accident, he pays for the consequences of seeing ghosts...unless the witch helping Vicki is a strong witch," she adds.

"Please, we all know who it is," Damon said, walking up. Calista was immediately over to him seeing that he's still in pain.

"What did he do?" Calista asked.

"I almost got spit roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost," Damon answered.

"What?" Bonnie asked in shock. She knew it had to be something big if he sounded like he was in pain over the phone.

"What did he do?" Caroline repeated her twin's question.

"He chained me up to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest and then tried to burn me with the sun after he took my ring off," Damon said, holding Calista closer after he felt her tense.

Caroline turned back to Bonnie, "I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people," she said.

"They aren't supposed to, but then again," Bonnie sighed, "We know who's involved in this," they all groaned. Esther is a bitch even when dead.

"I gotta go, if he shows up I don't want him attacking you three," Damon said, kissing Calista's cheek before running back to his car and speeding away.

*******

Elena stormed out as Damon walked past. "So what happened to make Elena storm out and not even notice me?" he asked Alaric.