162 Candles

Third POV

Lexi had arrived to surprise her friend Stefan for his birthday. Damon had been busy getting himself into the Founder's Council, while Sheila Bennett made Bonnie keep the crystal that belonged to their ancestor. Bonnie had found Elena depressed in bed, she figured out that she didn't really care and was pretending to care and was slightly surprised that Elena and Stefan split up, although she knew it wouldn't be long.

To cheer the doppelganger up, Bonnie had ripped open her pillow and began to make feathers float while Elena watched on in amazement. She had actually already shown it to the Forbes twins who looked amazed, excited, and she really wanted say...proud?

Speaking of the twins, they met Damon outside the Grill, Calista and Damon were going on a date and Caroline was given the idea of throwing a party, "Stefan and his BFF need to show up. I need a lot of people. Big crowd. A memory spell. That's what I need. You're a social butterfly. Invite everyone," Damon said to Caroline. They smirked knowing what was going to go down tonight. Caroline set up the party while Damon and Calista went to the next town over for lunch.

Elena, after talking with Bonnie, who was honestly not caring at this point, decided to talk to Stefan, she entered the house after hearing a woman who knew exactly who was the door and the fact that she was very much naked under a towel, "It's open! Come on in."

Elena looked startled seeing the blonde on the stairs, she had on only a towel and she noticed a daylight ring, a gold daylight ring. Lexi had pretended to be shocked that she looked like Katherine Pierce. "I'm Elena. Who are you?"

"Lexi, a friend of Stefan's," Lexi had responded.

"Is he here?"

Oh Lexi loved the timing, "He's in the shower. Do you want to wait?"

"No."Elena blurted out.

"I'll tell him you stopped by," Lexi said.

"That's okay," and Elena left in shock. Lexi had grabbed Katherine's picture and ran up to find Stefan and well, Lexi's temper reminded Stefan a lot of Damon's. Safe to say she was excited when Stefan revealed he was in love with Elena, but slightly disgusted when he went on to describe it.

At the party, Lexi got there before Stefan and got to meet the Forbes twins who were both very excited to meet her. She also got to meet Jeremy and had found a very happy surprise involving him. "Bonnie! Come meet Lexi, Lexi this is Bonnie Bennett," Calista specified to Lexi, they all began talking until Stefan made his appearance. "So what's your deal about Stefan?" Damon asked Bonnie. "It's just something throws me off about him, something bad. I get the feeling from you too but you seem more trustworthy to me," Bonnie explained. She didn't know why she felt comfortable explaining it though.

A few hours in, and Lexi has made herself known to people, gotten friendly with Elena, and spent time with Stefan. Caroline already got "drunk", and Matt took her home, or at least he thought he did. Vlad and Ingrid had been making there presence in the police and setting them up with a memory spell. Calista would be doing it inside while Caroline watched for extras. Lexi goes to the bar where Damon is, "They found the bodies, are you ready to do this?" she asked.

"Am I ready? No. Do I want to do this? No. Do I have the stuff I need? Yes. Am I going to enjoy the aftermath? Yes," Damon responded. Just then she got injected with vervain and Damon yells, "What are you doing?!" to get Stefan's attention.

"Thank you for the vervain; now if you'll excuse me," Sheriff Forbes said. They are pulling Lexi to the car and she puts up a fight when Damon shows up behind her and stakes her, "See you in a little bit Sister," he whispered.

Back with Elena and Stefan, Stefan is throwing a fit because his "best friend" got staked by his "brother" and currently wants to kill him. Elena with her doppelganger-needs-two-men-to-satisfy-her-needs side coming out, was trying to convince him not kill Damon by claiming she was trying to help Stefan and not protect Damon. When he sees Damon, he stabbed him with a stake, missing his heart, he was shocked because he would've had to compel Stefan again to forget what he looked like.

At the police station, some bats had mysteriously got into the building and were attacking the people with the memory spell; Calista had set off her own spell in the Grill while Caroline did hers outside. Damon was tracking down officers and setting up the spell. The bats formed into Vlad who grabbed one officer and dragged him down to where Ingrid had been waiting with their daughter's body. They cut the man's hand and put it over Lexi's mouth as her eyes opened and glowed and drained the man. They destroyed the body and the man's existence on the police force. They would have done the town, but they kinda just wanted to see the drama. Lexi had dropped her glamour to reveal someone who looked similar to Lexi Branson, but with blonder hair, blue eyes, paler skin, and an angular face. Suddenly Ingrid had an idea, she pulled out her phone, "How quickly can you get to Mystic Falls?" she asked the person the other line.

"Maybe a few says, why?"

"Well the high school does need a new history teacher," she said and Alex (otherwise known as Lexi) and Vlad shared a look of excitement. Alaric was coming.

Lili Reinhart as Alex Tepes (aka Lexi Branson)