Blood Brothers

Damon POV

"I want to see him," Elena demanded at the front door of the Salvatore House, I rolled my eyes knowing Stefan couldn't get out of the cell so I brought her downstairs, fully knowing he was hallucinating about Katherine. We watched him groan weakly, drifting in and out of consciousness she spoke up, "It's so hard to see him locked up like this," she said.

"You're the one who locked him up," I said and she looked at me confused.

"You let him feed off your blood, while knowing he has trouble with it, he's a ripper for fucks sake, when they get going, they don't stop. I couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?"

"It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" she hinted.

Fuck no, "You're thing, not mine."

"Did you find out what the item is?" she said looking at the item in my hands, Bonnie had already remade it and made sure nobody but her could tamper with it.

"Working on it,"

"My uncle didn't say anything about it?"

"Why would he tell me, a vampire, about something his ancestor, a vampire hunter, made?" I told her, "Have you even spoken to your uncle who might actually be your father lately?" she looked at me with wide eyes, "I'm dating Calista, her and Caroline tell me things. Such as Ric having a similar ring to John."

"You better not be hurting her," she said with narrowed eyes.

"Why do you care?" I countered angrily.

She looked surprised, "What?"

"Why do you care what happens to the Forbes twins, you haven't exactly been paying attention to them, or even the Bennett witch," I brought up.

"I have!" she argued.

"Suuuuuuuure," I countered and she huffed, stood up and stormed out, not before saying, "I'll be back tonight."

The twins and Bonnie came down the stairs, "So, never got to ask, how was your night?" I asked them. My mom had been teasing the hell out of her brothers last night when I stopped by quickly. Caroline immediately blushed while Bonnie smirked. "Well my favorite part was when my date beat the shit out of this one hunter and found out he was in the presence of five Mikaelsons and Dracula himself," Calista said. I knew she was angry that I had to leave and take care of Stefan, so she would enjoy that part the best. "Nik was so sweet, and flirty, but a total gentlemen, makes me wonder how hot he'll look when he becomes villainy," Caroline gushed. "Kol and I played a prank. Jeremy had invited Kol into the Gilbert house and found Elena's dress and made a big slit in the back. At the dance I made the flap go wide open and everyone saw her granny panties," Bonnie explained and we all had a good laugh at that.

"Brought you something to eat," I said coming down the stairs to Stefan's cell, "100% Stefan diet approved. You know what will happen if you don't eat. You'll get rotting and crusty," I practically sung.

"I'm not hungry," Oh goody, he's in his "I'm secretly Edward Cullen" brooding faze again.

"Of course you are. We're eternally hungry. Take it. The human blood should be gone by now. You want to explain why you're still in here. Feeling sorry for yourself? Come on. Drink up," he didn't do anything, "Fine. Starve. What do I care?" I gave up and left. I went back upstairs and my phone rang, Ric had finally found somebody to look into John's phone records. Elena had also called at the same time saying she was on her way over. Elena finally came over, Stefan was still brooding, and I finally got to leave.