Ordinary People

Elena was brought down by Alaric so Damon had to stay out and pretend he couldn't enter. While Sanguines didn't have to be invited in, they always felt a protected property. "So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena questioned as she held a flashlight and followed Alaric down the tunnel.

"Careful where you shine that thing," Alaric warned, "Bats hate the light."

"Wait, what?" Elena asked in surprise.

"Boo!" Damon said, appearing in the darkness.

Elena jumped in fright, spinning around, "Damon!" she scolded.

"Scaredy-cat!" he teased.

"Just ignore him. That's what I do," Alaric said.

"So, you really can't get in?" Elena asked.

"Seems the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire," Damon said. He knew it was true.

"What do you mean, ancient?" Elena asked.

"Follow him," Damon said, motioning to Alaric.

The two walked further into the tunnels while Damon sent out a message that Elena was looking at the cave. The Mikaelsons had cleared Elena seeing the cave to give her false hope by learning their story. They had already destroyed the bridge still containing the white oak, all they had to deal with is getting rid of Mikael's weapon and that would be where Rebekah came into play.

"What is all of this?" Elena questioned.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story," Alaric said. Damon held a snort knowing Alaric was insulting his mother and her family on their age, "That right there, is the moon cycle, a man, a wolf," he listed off.

"A werewolf," Elena specified.

"Yeah, it's the "Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style"," Damon comments from outside the barrier.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s," Elena said.

"But Mystic Falls could have been something entirely different," Damon mentioned.

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here longer than that," Alaric said.

"How long?" Elena asked.

"Gee, it's not like a hybrid killed you to unlock his werewolf half," Damon loudly pointed out.

"The writing is written in Runic, a Viking script. This translates into Niklaus," Alaric informed her.

"Klaus."

"And Elijah," Alaric added looking at another name, "...and Rebekah. Kol. Finn," Alaric listed off, "...Ingrid." Elena looked a bit irritated at the last name. The Tepes family had disappeared with Klaus. Elena has been subjected to the death glare from Jeremy and an easily evading Jenna.

Damon had remembered his parents, aunts, and uncles talking about burning runes. His father had learned from them and they would teach Marcel, Damon, and Alex. He also heard stories about what all the siblings would do behind their parents back like Finn teaching Klaus, Rebekah, Ingrid, and Kol how to use a blade while Henrik watched. He knew Klaus taught Rebekah how to carve and that they did these activities as bonding so they would stay together and fight against Mikael. It was too bad Elijah broke off from them after deeming Ingrid and Klaus needed some sort of redemption and not that their mental health had been affected by their turning or their upbringing.