The Sacrifice

Damon POV

I was in my parent's house, watching my annoyed and agitated mother and sister. Because of Bonnie's confirmation about the Martins (along with my dad when he heard them talking about his brother in law) and their allegiance with Elijah, Ingrid and Alex have stayed inside and in hiding. Granted, they could hide in shadows if need be, but Elijah would recognize his sister and Alex looked so much like our mom that he would no doubt be suspicious. Mom's phone went off and she looked at it, "One of the Martins was in the Gilbert house, Jenna, Alaric, and Jeremy's instincts woke them up. He was collecting Elena's items," she said.

Alex snorted, "According to Jeremy, Alaric and Jenna sounded like they had been awake, he had to put ear plugs in," she said. Well, good for Ric and Jenna. Then my phone went off, I groaned, my annoyance now matching my sister and mothers, "What?" Dad asked.

"Stefan wants to go talk to Katherine for the moonstone. The fake moonstone that Bonnie, Jeremy and I have to pretend is a real moonstone. Can't even see Calista today because her and Caroline are going to be helping Tyler look through the cellar that Mason would shift in," I said.

Stefan and I opened the tomb, and a hungry looking Katherine appeared round the corner, "Please...come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us," she said.

"I'd rather poke my eyes out," I commented. It was true though.

"Mmm, they're such pretty eyes," Katherine commented, not getting I have the same eyes as a certain set of twins that she's scared of.

"We're here for the moonstone," Stefan said sternly.

"Feel like tossing it over?"

"Tell you what," Katherine started, "you get your little witch to hocus pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want."

"I thought you like it in here. Nice and safe where Klaus can't get to you," Stefan said. Oh, Klaus would get her; hopefully I'm there when it happens.

"I've had time to reconsider," Katherine countered.

"Meaning you're hungry," I assumed.

"I'm starving, Damon. And dirty. But above all, I'm bored," Katherine kept getting closer towards the entrance, hand on the wall to hold herself up, "At least running from Klaus wasn't boring—so here's the deal: you get me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic falls forever. Let me know what you decide."

Before we went to Elena, I had called Bonnie, "So she wants you to spell her out in order to get the fake moonstone, anything we can use for that against somebody?" I asked.

"Well, use Stefan's morals against him, and since Jeremy seems to be willing, he could go in the tomb and Stefan would trade himself for him," Bonnie suggested.

"But Jeremy would be alright?" I asked.

"Yes, he's got vervain in his system and he always carries weapons now. And Luka, one of the Martins may or may not have left some dog tags of his with me to use to channel him," Bonnie said. I had to hold in the Mikaelson smirk as I heard Stefan coming to find me.

At Elena's, she was willing to sacrifice herself willingly apparently. Saying that she didn't want us to stop the spell because Klaus would kill everyone she cares about. I mean, he would only really kill Stefan, he likes everyone else. I head back to my parents house, to inform them about everything, "Mom, tell your twin to hurry up," Alex complained.