Stone - Part 1 - Aragorn x Reader

This is the beginning of a request from crap_shit. Aragorn has to be one of my favourite characters, and I hope that this wonderful idea brings something a little different to the character. I've changed around the original story a little, but I hope you all forgive me. This first part is mostly Gandalf. But after this, it will be most certainly Aragorn all the way.

"Is there no other way?" Aragorn asked, as he looked between the dark heart of Fangorn Forest and the wizard that stood by his side.

"I am afraid not. She is one of the most powerful, and dangerous creatures in all of Middle-earth. If the war that is to come is to be won, and Sauron and his evil defeated. We will need all the help we can get. Her powers could defeat great sways of Sauron's army before they even have chance to fight. All that is required is one look." Gandalf explained. He himself fearing what lay beyond the tree line.

"But surly she is as evil as Sauron himself. Why would she want to help...........?"

"That is not true. If you knew the real story, you would know that she would want to defeat the dark lord more than anyone else in this world." Gandalf snapped as he interrupted Legolas. The wizard knowing that the elf prince, would have only heard of the tall tales that had grown up around her over the many eons.

"We know enough to know that she has probably killed more innocent creatures than any other in Middle-earth. Most have sent their best to these woods to try and bring her down. To destroy her. And not a single one has returned. Not man, not elf, nor even dwarf. All have fallen to that creature. Gimli huffed, before the Sindar prince had a chance. Neither he, Legolas or Aragorn wanting to face their demise at the hands of the wicked woman.

Merry and Pippin looked at one another. Not sure of what was going or, or whom the other four had been discussing. Both of them could swear that they could hear the grumbles of their bellies over the grumbles of the others. But as the seasoned warriors looked at one another nervously, the two hobbits had forgotten about their stomachs, and decided that whatever was going on must be more important.

"What are we talking about?" Pippin asked.

"Who are we talking about?" Merry enquired. The two halflings looking up at Gandalf. The wizard realising that the stories probably hadn't found their way to the Shire. And even if they had, they would probably have been seen as the stuff of nightmares.

"It is a long story. But I suppose that we have time for me to tell you. It is not safe for us to venture into her sanctuary until light." Gandalf sighed, as he took a seat at the fire. Merry and Pippin pushing one another out of the way as they raced to sit by the wizard's side.

"The story is as old as the ages themselves. Older than the rings. Sometimes I feel that it is older than time itself. Back to when the dark lord had been called Mairon. When he had been the mightiest of the Maia. Student of Vala Aulë the Smith. And Lieutenant of Melkor. The person of which we speak, is, or at least was, a young woman by the name of (Y/n). A daughter of a great king. A mortal girl more beautiful than any other. Even more beautiful and better skilled with the bow than the elves themselves. The greatest prize in Middle-earth. Mairon had loved her from the first moment he had seen her, yet she had always been cold to him. And with so many kings and princes vying for her hand. Even the dwarves venturing from their mines to beg her father to make her, theirs. Mairon doubted that he could ever win her hand. But when the young Maia, that after the defeat of his master by the Valar, had become the second dark lord. The Eldar naming him Sauron. He determined to use his new abilities to have what he desired just as much as power and control. Sauron offered her father anything that his heart could dream of. Wealth, power, immortality. And her father accepted Sauron's offer. His promises more than the greedy man could ignore. Swearing the hand of his only child to Sauron. But unbeknownst to the king, his daughter had already given her hand to a mortal prince. The pair not caring for doweries or what could be offered for her hand. Their match was one of love. The two planning to marry in secret. But Sauron discovered what was to happen. The dark lord taking his revenge by killing her love, as well as her father. The evil necromancer taking the grief stricken princess with him. Not caring if he had to force her to be his. Yet she fought him. Refused him. Denied him. Screaming that she would rather die and be with her lover, than belong to a monster like him. So, Sauron decided that if she would not marry a monster, then he would make her into a monster. That he would make it so that no other man could look on her again. That she could never look lovingly at another. And with a few words, he cursed her. Her legs transforming into the tail of a great snake. Her hair becoming a multitude of hissing serpents. And her eyes. Eyes that had once held nothing but beauty and love, could now turn any living thing into stone with just one glance." Gandalf explained as he pulled his pipe out from under his cloak and packed it with weed.

"When he was done, Sauron cast her back out into the world. The horrified woman first making her way to the golden woods but fleeing when the elves tried to kill the terrifying creature, that they did not recognise. Her glance turning many of them to stone before she was able to escape. Finally, she found her way to the Fangorn Forest. Where those that had once clamoured to see her beauty and beg for her hand in marriage, instead sent their warriors to destroy her. Only those that were truly lucky, escaping to tell the tale of what had happened to their fallen comrades. In Black Speak she is called Gund Shatraug, the Stone Witch. Some even call her, 'The one that turns flesh to stone'. But to those that know the truth, she will always be (Y/n). So, there you have it." Gandalf sighed. The wizard hoping that his little plan to persuade the Stone Witch to join them, wouldn't get them all killed.

"So, this (Y/n) is in there?" Merry asked nervously, as he and Pippin looked over at the pitch black forest.

"That she is, Master Took. Right at its dark heart. And as the sun rises, we will venture into that dark heart and try and persuade the princess to join us. Either that or be turned to stone." Gandalf replied quietly. His eyes meeting those of Aragorn. The heir of Isildur knowing that the wizard had not only left part of the story out. But also, the part about how he planned on not letting the latter eventuality occur.