Blacksmith - Part 11 - Thorin x Reader

Thorin leaned in and kissed his new bride, as Balin spoke the last words of the marriage ceremony; (Y/n) smiling up at him, before yet another contraction hit. The King under the Mountain wiping the sweat from his wife's brow, as she gripped his hand tightly. Thorin looking to his sister, as (Y/n)'s pains seemed to be getting worse. Balin, Fili and Kili just feeling totally useless; knowing that they could fight orcs, that they could escape trolls and traverse much of Middle-Earth. But when it came to the birth of children, that was a completely different matter.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Dis relieved to see the faces of other dwarrowdams, as the heir to the Mountain made it very clear that they were not going to wait any longer to see their family; to see the home that its father, its cousins had nearly lost their lives to reclaim. Balin, Fili and Kili in particular feeling much happier, as they and Thorin were unceremoniously pushed out of the room and told, in no uncertain terms, to wait.

Everyone looked at Thorin, as yet another yell came from behind the door. By now, the whole Company had congregated outside of the room. All eager to be there for the birth of the heir to the throne. It quite fitting that the child of the King, and his new queen, should be the first to be born in the Mountain since they had taken it back from the fire drake. Even Bilbo was there, doing his best to reassure Thorin. Trying to tell everyone that all this was perfectly normal; despite the fact that his only experience with a female giving birth, was when Daisy Diggles sow had had eight piglets.

Thorin couldn't help but feel his head spin. He had only just got (Y/n) back, and now he was not only a husband; but soon to be a father too. The son of Thráin, just hoping that at any moment, his sister or one of the other dwarrowdams would appear and tell him that all was well. Would tell him that his wife and child were happy and healthy. A little part of him feeling that if anything went wrong, he was the one to blame. That not being there for (Y/n) when she had needed him the most; the worry about not knowing whether he was alive or dead, that given she had come all the way from the Blue Mountains, so she could be with him, she had probably experienced much more stress than a pregnant dwarrowdam really should. The king not sure what he would do if he were to lose her; to lose the little one that was trying to come into the world.

"Thorin." A voice suddenly said, shaking the awful thoughts from the king's mind. Looking up to see Balin smiling down at him.

"Ya wanted, lad.............." The older dwarf continued, pointing over to the door to the room, where a smiling Dis stood.

"Someone would like to meet you................." The princess said. Thorin looking at the others; finding himself pushed from the seat and to the door.

Thorin could do nothing but stand and stare, as Dis ushered out the other dwarrowdams and closed the door behind her brother, leaving the king and queen to their moment. She was a vision, the beautiful creature that he had missed every day of their long journey; his (Y/n), his wife laid in the bed, beaming as she looked down at the little being in her arms. It was obvious that she was tired, it was obvious that the labor had taken its toll; but at this moment, to his eyes, she looked more wonderful than he had ever seen her. Thorin committing this scene to his memory. Never wanting to forget this moment.

"Thorin..............." (Y/n) said softly, as she looked up at her husband.

"Come and meet what our love has made.............." She continued, holding out her hand and beckoning him over. Thorin finding himself faltering for a moment, fearing that if he were to touch either of them, this might all turn out to be a dream, and he would wake to find that he was still on the ice fighting the reviled White Orc.

"Thorin..........my love...............?" (Y/n) continued. Her brows furrowing, as her husband did not move. The breath catching in her throat, as she saw the tears in his eyes.

"Your son awaits you, my king................."

"Son................?" Thorin finally replied, as he once more shook the awful thoughts from his brain. Slowly beginning to walk forward.

"Yes, your son........." The queen said, continuing to hold out her hand. Her heart beating with joy, as Thorin finally took her hand in his, before he sat by her side. The tears that he had been holding back, now having broken though the barrier; making their way down his cheeks and sparkling like diamonds as they found a place in his dark beard.

"A son................."

"Yes. Thravin. Son of Thorin, son of Thráin; son of Thrór. Heir to the Lonely Mountain...........our son." (Y/n) added, as she reached up and brushed the tears from his cheeks. Thorin bringing up her hand and kissing it. Closing his eyes, as he felt her warmth against his skin.

"Do you want to hold him.............?" The daughter of Grison asked, Thorin quickly shaking his head, but still finding his child in his arms. The son of Thráin not sure what to say; but sure, that he had never loved anything more than the two beings that were with him. That he would never leave (Y/n) again; that the greatest jewels in the Mountain were right in that room. And whether king or blacksmith, he would spend the rest of his days, loving them both.