Moondance - Part 7 - Thorin x Reader

(Y/n) sat in the room surrounded by men and dwarf. The males talking in hushed tones, and occasionally looking over at her. She had changed back to her present form, before she and the dwarves had made their way back down the side of the mountain towards Dale; Thorin pulling Bard to one side as the two groups met up once again. The King and Master talking to each other, before they had all made their way back to the city. Once there, they had called on Margit, and the old woman and men had watched as the skin changer had once again shown what she was. (Y/n) noticing that Thorin had carefully placed his hand into her fur, as the huge wolf had taken a seat on the floor between he and Margit. Those of Dale, gasping and staring in disbelief, as they had looked at her. But now, all she could do was wait. All she could do was hope that the King under the Mountain would stand by his promise and allow her to live in peace. Would perhaps even find her a place within Erebor itself.

"You will be fine, child." Margit said quietly, as she gripped (Y/n)'s hand.

"I think that the dwarven king has taken quite a liking to you." The old woman continued, as she and the skin changer waited for the verdict.

"I must say that you are quite impressive, my dear. I had not thought that I would ever get to witness a skin changer transform. I am surprised to see just how big you can become.............."

"I am nothing compared to some of those I used to know. I am quite small, really. That was how I managed to survive, how I got away for the orcs. My father.........now he was a wolf, he would put even the Northman bears, to shame. He was the biggest wolf I had ever seen. A great, grey creature that would lead the pack. One of the strongest of our people; and that was why Azog had him killed first. But now............I suppose that I am the biggest, as I am the only one left..........." (Y/n) replied, Margit's grip on her hands getting a little tighter. The skin changers heart jumping into her throat, as suddenly all the men and dwarves turned to look at her. The Master and King taking a seat, as (Y/n) and Margit got to their feet.

"Well.............it has been decided............" Bard began, (Y/n) feeling her heart beat violently against her ribcage, as she waited for the decision.

"You will be allowed to stay..........." The Master continued with a smile. (Y/n) returning the gesture as he sat back in his chair.

"So........the choice is yours. You can stay in Dale, perhaps with Margit; or, Thorin has offered you a place in the mountain." Bard added. The skin changer looking between the old lady by her side and the king that sat by the master's side.

"If I were offered a place in the Mountain, I would take it. But if you ever want to stay in Dale for a while..............." Margit whispered. Giving (Y/n) a reassuring pat on the hand, before the last Moon Child look back to the males.

"I would gratefully like to accept the king's offer." The skin changer finally replied. (Y/n) feeling her heart beat quicker once again; but this time for a very different reason, as she looked at the face of the King under the Mountain.

                                                            >>----------------------------------<<

(Y/n) stared in awe as she made her way through the halls. She felt small, tiny, insignificant compared to the towering rock hewn arches and pillars. Compared to the colossal statues and deep, dark mines. Her people had lived in simple wooden cabins in a lush valley far away from this Mountain, cut off from most of the rest of Middle Earth. The view dominated by a chain of hills over which the moon would rise every night. It had been a simple life, one so different from the one she had to live since her world had been destroyed when the wargs and their riders had attacked. So this...........this was like nothing that she had seen. But it was something that she already loved.

"What do you think of your new home.............?" A voice enquired, the skin changer turning to see the king make his way over to her. (Y/n) rolling her eyes, as she saw Dwalin grip tightly to the handle of his axe. It obvious that the large dwarf was still not overtly keen on having her in the Mountain, nor so near his king.

"I have never seen it's like before. I have been from one side of this world to the other, I have seen the realms of the elves, the cities of men; yet never have I ever witnessed anything like the skill of the dwarves. It is breathtaking........." The skin changer replied, as she once more looked to the soaring arches and colossal figures that looked down at her.

"It is not the only thing that is breathtaking here..............." Thorin said, as he moved a little closer. (Y/n) sure that she could get lost in his eyes, as they just looked at her for a moment.

"Perhaps you would like to see your rooms now............?" The king continued, before offering her his arm. The last Moon Child linking her arm with his, before the pair made their way through the great hall.