Wings - Part 2 - Company x Legolas x Thranduil

(Y/n) had looked at the forest that lay before her and the Company of Thorin Oakenshield. The trees of the once lush and verdant Greenwood the Great, that had been cursed by the Necromancer, too tightly packed for her wings to fit through. The queen of the eagles made to soar the skies, not push her way through broken branches that might catch on her feathery appendages. Thorin agreeing that she should fly above it; that they could perhaps use her for directions. The queen already having aided once, when she had seen Bilbo pop his head above the canopy. The lady pointing in the direction that the Company should continue. Yet now, there was no sign of anything. She could hear no grumbles from the dwarves, far below; and the density of the crown of the forest, made it impossible for even her exceptional eyes to see anything. The queen hovering above the seemingly unending stretch of foliage, in hopes that at any moment she might hear, or catch a glimpse of something through a rare gap in the leafy canopy.

And then, there it was, a sound; but not one that she had been expecting. It was an awful sound followed by the shouting of her dwarven companions. Horrified shouts that caused her eyes to widen. The winged queen looking for an opening; anything wide enough so that she could make it through. Her heart beginning to beat a little quicker as she heard something else, sounds that may not be picked up by others........the sound of elves. The lady flying upwards, her form silhouetted by the sinking sun, before she turned and headed at full speed back towards the trees; her body crashing through the branches and twigs, as she made her way to fulfill the promise that she had made to the wizard before he had left them; to protect the son of Thráin and his Company. To do all she could to ensure that they all got to their goal. Those on the floor of the forest looking up, as a flurry of feathers came tumbling towards them. A pale haired elf, who had been pointing an arrow right at Thorin, stepping backwards, as something settled between the pair. The ellon staring in disbelief, as what appeared was a woman. A woman with wings.

"If you do wish to kill this dwarf, I believe that you will find that you have to go through me, first. Son of Thranduil." (Y/n) stated, as she unfurled her wings as best she could. The queen glaring at the Mirkwood prince.

"What are you..............?" Legolas enquired, as he and the others brought up their bows, once more.

"And elves think they're smart.............." Dwalin huffed. The scarred warrior not about to admit that until she and the eagles had come to rescue them, he and the others hadn't known what she was, or that she existed, either. The mother and queen of the eagles choosing not to reply, instead, turning her eyes to the other elves that surrounded them.

She knew there was little point in trying to speak to the prince and the others, to try and reason with them. Elves, were, at least to her eyes, as stubborn and hardheaded as dwarves; not that either of them would admit that. She was also aware that there was little love lost between those that called Mirkwood home, and those she travelled with. Especially after having listened to the Company, or should that be, there leader, grumble about such things. That, and whether the dwarves liked it or not, they were at a disadvantage. The woods were not her natural element, and nor was it the dwarves. And given that they all had the point of an arrow aimed at them, the queen knew that there was only one thing that they could do. (Y/n) turning to give Thorin and apologetic look, before the elves stepped closer and began to relieve the Company of their weapons. The queen struggling against her manacles, as she noticed someone was missing, a certain hobbit burglar. The lady hoping that the halfling was somewhere safe and had not been eaten by one of the huge spiders that lay dead, not too far away.

                                                          >>-----------------------------------<<

Thranduil was irate, as the dwarf prince was dragged from his sight. All he wanted was the gems; why was that too much to ask. They were his; and one way or another, Oakenshield would agree to his terms, otherwise he and his miscreant followers, would reside in his dungeons until the flesh fell from their bones.

"Ada............." The sound causing Thranduil to turn around. His eyes falling on his son.

"What is it.........?" The king enquired, as he made his way back up the stairs to resume his place on his throne.

"There was someone else with the dwarves when we found them. A woman.........."

"And what interest is that to me.........?"

"She has wings, ada............" Legolas explained. The mention of wings causing the usually cool king to quickly move forward.

"Where is she............?"

"We put her in the dungeon with the others." The prince replied, as his father got to his feet.

"The dungeons............? Bring her to me. Bring her to me now!" Thranduil exclaimed angrily, as he made his way back down the steps and stopped in front of his son. Legolas not sure why this strange creature suddenly seemed so important to his father; but doing what he was told and making his way back towards the dungeon to collect the prisoner.

                                                          >>---------------------------------<<

The dwarves did their best to protest, as the pale haired elf opened the door to the cell and had the lady step out. The Company reverting to their own tongue to dole out various insults, as the queen was taken by the arm. (Y/n) quickly struggling from the prince's grasp and racing towards the cell of Thorin.

"Bilbo is here, I can feel it. If there is a chance that you can escape, take it; do not worry about me. I will find you again........." The queen quickly said. Smiling at the would be King under the Mountain, before Legolas pulled her away, and escorted her out of the dungeon.