Home again - Part 2 - Faramir x Reader

Faramir sat on the seat under the window, his eyes looking out over the city. He was lost in thought, certainly not for the first time, and he doubted that it would be the last. His mind going back to better times. To times that he now wasn't sure had actually existed.

It had all been so long ago now. Back when he and Boromir had been just boys. Back when he had hope for a bright future. For a future that might have had something in it other than his father's constant disdain.

It had been a time when the brothers would race as fast as they could along the seven walls of the city, pretending that they were astride one of the great horses of Rohan. When they would pretend to fight any foe that might threaten the great city of men, with their wooden swords. When their days were spent doing their best to evade their tutors so that could get up to manner of mischief and fall off every wall they could find. So that they could chase one another through the market stalls and the alleyways of the city. Their laughter filling the air as they passed the other inhabitants of Minas Tirith. One if not both of them usually returning home with a new bruise or scraped knee at the end of the day. But during all this, he and Boromir had not been alone. There had been a third person that had joined them. The younger son of Denethor, sure that this one could cause more trouble than the three of them put together. A small, sad smile pulling at the corners of his lips, as an image of them all together came to his mind.

(Y/n). She was the only child of the Warden of the Houses of Healing when they were young. A rambunctious, pretty little creature that could always make him laugh. That could always make him smile no matter what might have happened that day. And despite being two years younger than he was, and even younger than Boromir, there had always been something between the trio. A connection that no one could deny.

Slowly, his smile got a little broader, as he recalled other things from his time with the girl. How he had had to convince her one day to not attempt to climb Mount Mindolluin. How he had wanted to join her when she had decided one day that she wanted to see the lands of the elves. The two of them talking about how they would go to Rivendell, to Lothlórien, and even Mirkwood. The only thing stopping them from leaving, was the night. The two falling asleep next to the fire. The pair awoke the next day as Boromir had come to find his brother. A new adventure taken their minds from their travels to the lands of the elves.

But as they had got older, Faramir's feelings for (Y/n) had begun to change. No longer did he see her as a friend or younger sibling, but something more. Something that he had wanted to explore. Something that he wanted to keep just between the two of them, and away from his older brother. Something that he wanted to protect and hold close. And, after one day where he had accidentally knocked her from a wall, causing her to badly hurt her ankle, he had been able to do that; he had been able to take her up into his arms so that he could carry her through the streets back to her home. The young man holding her to him, as Boromir had raced ahead to let (Y/n)'s mother know what had happened. Faramir feeling his heart beat a little quicker, as she placed her head in the crook of his neck. The feeling of her warm breath on his neck, making his mind race. And then, after they had begun to leave their rooms at night so that they could spend time together just talking and looking up at the stars that shone brightly above the city, they had kissed. It had been their first ever kiss. A kiss that they had shared beneath the great White Tree. But this happiness had been short lived, for as soon as his father had found out about his joy with (Y/n), the Steward of Gondor had forced her parents to send her away. His last memory of her being through tears, as he watched her climb aboard the boat that would take her away from not only the city, but also from him.

"Brother...........? Have you heard a single thing I have said.............?" Boromir suddenly asked, having finally realised that Faramir hadn't answered him, or even made a noise.

"Do you think that she remembers us..........? That she will ever come back.............?"

"Who..................?"

"(Y/n)..................." Faramir replied simply. Boromir letting out a heavy sigh, as he slowly got to his feet and made his way over to his brother.

This was not the first time that Faramir had spoken about their old friend. About the young woman that they had both held so dear. Over the long years, neither he nor Faramir had forgotten about her. Boromir feeling as though he had lost a sister when their father had forced her to be sent away. But for Faramir, he knew that it was much more. That he had lost someone that he had loved. The Captain of the White Tower able to remember the night that he had been shaken from his sleep. Waking to find Faramir smiling down at him. A smile so big that Boromir didn't know what could possibly be going on with his brother. Or he hadn't, until Faramir had explained his meeting with the beautiful young woman. About how they had shared a kiss, and that he had determined that one day he would marry her. Yet thanks to their father, that day had never come. And though he would like to hope differently, Boromir doubted that after all these years, it ever would.

"I don't know, brother. But, perhaps after all these years, father might have forgotten about her and we could try and find out where she is and have her come back." Boromir replied, as he placed a reassuring hand on Faramir's shoulder.

"Why don't you and I get a drink, and we can talk about better days........." The captain added. Happy as Faramir looked up at him and nodded.