Dór -o i dilthen núr - Part 2 - Aragorn x Reader

"Your majesty.............." A voice came. The soft tone drawing the monarch from their thoughts.

"Yes Marlie. What is it.....................?"

"The guards, your grace. The guards have come across..............."

"Come across what?" The queen enquired as her lady in waiting seemed to hesitate, as if trying to find the right words.

"They.............well, they found things by the pond. They found, well I don't.........I don't know what they are, and neither do the guards." Marlie replied, as she twisted her fingers into the folds of her gown.

"Well, if my guards do not even know what they have found, perhaps I myself should go and look at these mysterious things..............."

"But, my queen, what if they are dangerous? They might harm you.............."

"Did the others sing them to sleep................?"

"Yes, my queen. They slumber in the grass and moss next to the pool........."

"Then Marlie, there is no need to fear. They cannot harm me if they sleep. And, if I can find out who and what these..........things are, then I can better decide what to do with them. Now, come...............let us go and see our guests." The queen continued. Gently pulling a flower from a low hanging branch and placing it into her hair, before making her way out of the room. A very nervous Marlie close behind. The other ladies in waiting quickly joining them, as their monarch strode confidently towards where these unknown visitors slumbered.

"Your majesty." A deep voice said, as the queen came up to the pool. The captain of the guard dressed in the finest armour, bowing deeply as the monarch drew closer. The other guards following suit, as the queen came to a stop.

"Cirrus. Marlie here tells me that you and the others have found............things. Things that no one is sure what they are............."

"Yes, my queen. There are eight of them in total. They are like nothing we have ever seen...................."

"Then perhaps I should see them. If these things are a threat to my kingdom and peoples I would very much like to look upon them................"

"But your majesty........................."

"Cirrus, please. As much as I appreciate yours and Marlie's concerns, I assure you that I am more than capable of facing anything that may come my way. And as they are sleeping, I doubt that they will be of any danger." The queen interjected. Placing a reassuring hand on the shoulder of the captain.

"Of course, my queen." Cirrus replied, as he moved to one side and allowed the lady to pass. The breath catching in the queen's throat, and her eyes widening as she saw the eight creatures that rested in her world.

"Your grace..............do you...........do you know what they are..............?" Marlie enquired nervously, as she and the others moved up behind their monarch, flanked by a well-armed guard.

"Y-yes I do. But it has been many moons since I last lay eyes on any of their kinds. Many moons since I visited their homes. In truth, I never thought I would see any of them ever again.........."

"What..........what are they................Where have they come from........?"

"They, Marlie, come from the world beyond our world. From the land of giants and monsters. The world created by the Music of the Ainur. I think that you will find that the short, stocky fellow with the beard like fire, is a dwarf. They are peoples that like to live in the earth. They are quite skilled smiths and excellent warriors. And although they can be a little gruff and grumpy in nature, and have a love for gold that is unrivalled by most in their world, most have a good heart once you get to know them. The four little ones on the other hand, are hobbits. Usually, the sweetest of creatures. Well-mannered, courteous, and a little mischievous when the mood takes them. I always found them to be much underestimated by the others that call their world, home. The tall, pale haired creature is an elf. They have keener senses than the rest. They are the immortals of their world. And although I found many of them to be a little aloof and cold in nature, it is just their way.............."

"And the other two.............." Cirrus enquired, as his monarch seemed to hesitate for a moment.

"Ah, those two.............those two might be considered by some, to be the most dangerous of this group. They are the sons of men. Their hearts and minds can be ruled by the worst of emotions. They can be taken over by greed and a thirst for power. And some will harm many others to get it." The queen replied, as she knelt down between the two men.

She would have to admit, as she looked between the pair, that they were both quite handsome. Both quite ruggedly so. Yet one of them caught her attention more. He was different to the other in a way that the queen could not quite place. His dark, wet hair was shoulder length and beard neatly trimmed, but there was something in the fine lines around his eyes and soft scares that lay here and there, that suggested that the man had seen much in his time.

"How have they come to be here...............Are they of danger to us. To you.............?" The captain of the guard continued, as he came to stand protectively over his queen. His hand readied on the hilt of his sword, just in case one of these strange visitors were able to break the spell that was over them.

"There are places here and there in the world beyond our world, that are entrances to our land. I doubt that anyone knows of them, so I would suggest that they came upon us more by accident than design. Are they dangerous........well that is a question I will try and find the answer to now." The lady said, as she carefully placed her hand on the forehead of the dark haired man. Her eyes closing, as she looked into his mind.

"They............they are a fellowship. They are on a quest...........one of the hobbits carries with him a ring. A ring of power. A ring that could be used to destroy all that they know. That could see evil take over their lands if it falls into the wrong hands. The little one has promised to return it to the place where it was forged and throw it into the fire from whence it came. The others...........the others have sworn to protect him. To help him succeed in his efforts. They, have sworn sword, bow and axe to protect the hobbit............"

"What are we to do with them...........? Should we lock them away...........?"

"No, Cirrus. I do not believe that there is anything to fear from them. Have them taken to the healers. Their wounds, if any, cared for. Have them cleaned and dressed in new clothes. Once they wake, I will inform them of their new lives here in my kingdom. Inform them that the quest in their world, will have to wait a lifetime to complete." The queen told him, as she took the captain's arm and allowed him to help her from the floor. The monarch giving the group one last look, before her guards picked them up and made their way to the healers.