Chapter 25

Your Pov

....the next day...

Ciel and I were currently having breakfast outside. I started to take of the wrapper of my (favorite type) muffin. I took a bite and tried to taste whatever flavor I could. My taste buds have been slowly changing, I can no longer taste the same level of sweetness or tart that I once did. 

"(nickname)?" Ciel asked and looked over at me. I looked up and noticed his was worried. 

"Yes, Ciel?" I asked and he started tapping the table nervously. 

"Sebastian, Ana. please leave." Ciel ordered and they both left.  Ciel got up and offered me his hand. 

"What's wrong?" I asked and he sighed. 

"Can't I go for a walk with my sister?" Ciel asked and I looked at him confused. 

"Alright, then let's go." I got up and we began walking through the gardens. I began to notice how many white roses were placed in the garden, it almost made the phantomhive household receive more light. I then saw a tree swing and walked over at sat down. Ciel sat next to me on the other swing.

"Y/n, you haven't been talking to me for a while. I was wondering why?" Ciel asked and gripped the ropes. I started to get more moment to start the swing. 

"You know it's a beautiful day out today, don't you think?" I asked and Ciel gripped the swing tighter. 

"Why aren't you answering my question?" Ciel asked. I looked over at him and then at his eye patch. 

"come on, let's go play outside." I asked. 

"I can't my athma may act up." 

"Oh hush, you need to get out of this house already." I said and grabbed his hand.

"Do you remember, when we used to play outside? You would always complain about going outside. But, you ended up enjoying yourself, always laughing." I replied and Ciel's eyes widened. 

"But that-" Ciel said and I turned and smiled. 

"I still don't understand what all this has to do with my question." he asked and I just kept swinging. 

"Maybe it has something to do with it or maybe it doesn't who knows." I replied and Ciel got mad. 

"I just want you to answer my question. I'm worried about you Y/n." Ciel shouted and I stopped the swing. 

"It hurts doesn't it." I replied and looked down at my hands. 

"What are you talking about?" Ciel replied and I got up and started walking. Ciel got up and followed me. 

silence 

"Y/n, where are you going?" Ciel asked. 

silence 

"Y/n? stop!" Ciel said and grabbed my left hand. I turned and looked down at him. I looked down at his face and saw his worry. 

"(Nickname)! Are you alright? Mother told me you were unwell."  

"I'm fine, I just didn't feel like going out with everyone today." I replied and patted the bed. 

"Why?" 

"Because I wanted to hang out with my favorite little brother." I replied and he smiled.

"You know, I care about you Ciel." I replied and he looked up at me. 

"What are you talking about, just tell me what's going on I can help you." Ciel replied. 

"Then why won't you do the same?" I asked and Ciel stood there. 

"What? You are making no sense." he replied and I let go of his hand and started walking back to the manor. Ciel started to chase after me and kept calling my name. I quickened my pace and I turned and saw Ciel running towards me, trying to catch up to me. 

"Y-Y/n, p-please wait!" Ciel started wheezing and I paused. I saw him trying to catch his breath and then stood up. I saw that his face had a frown plastered on it. 

"I'm sorry." Ciel said and I looked down at him in shock. 

"For what?" I asked and he walked towards me. 

"I didn't want to tell you, because I didn't want to hurt you." Ciel said in a saddened tone. 

silence 

"But, it seems I've been hurting you even more by pushing you away. That's not what I wanted, I miss talking to you." Ciel replied and placed his hand over his eye patch. I noticed Ciel became hesitant and he looked up at the window. I looked over and saw nothing, but, I suspect Sebastian must have been watching. Ciel took off his eye patch and slowly began to open his eye. 

That's when I saw it, the mark that Sebastian wore on his left hand. I stood there in shock, I'm not the only thing Sebastian is tied to. I noticed Ciel look up at me and sighed. 

"Y/n, I-i'm sorry, I had to." Ciel replied and I walked towards him and crouched down and gave him a hug. 

"It's ok." I replied and Ciel buried his head into my shoulder. I rubbed the back of his head and placed my head on his. We both pulled away and Ciel closed his right eye. 

"Uh, Y/n? Can you help me put on my eyepatch?" Ciel asked embarrassed and I snickered. 

"Sure."