Chapter 37

Your Pov- The Final Day

...later that night...

knock, knock. 

My door was opened and Sebastian walked in with a candelabra and set it down on the table next to me.  I saw Sebastian take off his butler coat and then sat down next to me.

"Alright, let's just start at the beginning, as you may now already, I am a demon. I am a high ranked demon and every demon with high status is given two marks." He said and pulled off his gloves and showed me his contract mark. 

"One is the contract mark, this allows us to 'mark' potential contractee's. We fulfill their wish and take their soul as compensation. Next is our second mark." He said and unhooked his tie and started to unbutton his shirt.  He then pointed to where his heart would be.  They mark looked like veins that traveled around the left side of his chest and over to his left shoulder.

"That looks painful." I said and went to touch it but paused. 

"You can touch it, it's not painful. At least not right now."  he replied and sighed. 

silence 

"Anyway, this mark is given to us by our creator, a lot of demons see this mark as some curse. This mark or 'agape', meaning unconditional love. It's something I too at first thought was a curse, I once tried to burn it off." Sebastian replied. 

"But, how does this have to do with me?" I asked stupidly, I was just so intrigued that I couldn't think straight.

"Well, if you recall, I said that we were 'tied' together and that I didn't place the mark on you." Sebastian asked. 

"Yes and you said that I placed it on myself." I replied. 

"Yes, I wasn't lying when I said that, but to some degree I wasn't telling the truth. The story is the same, I meet you and got attached. I altered your memories when you were younger so, it would seem like you had the mark to begin with. The truth is, you never got that mark till you were slightly older. The reason, I said that you already knew was because I told you when you were five years old. You ended up throwing a fit and you said you didn't need me." Sebastian said. 

"That's when you erased my memories." I replied and Sebastian looked over at me. 

"So you remember?" he asked and I grabbed my head. 

"Not fully." I replied and he nodded. 

"As to when the mark was placed on you, I highly doubt you could remember it, it would have felt like a dream to you. Despite what you believe you did have a choice to accept or deny the mark when it was placed on you. I placed you into a dream and gave you a choice,  and you chose to stay. My mark, attached its self to you and stuck to your soul like a leech." Sebastian replied. 

"I don't even understand, this makes no sense. but, why did you chose me or did the mark chose me?" I asked. 

"Well,  when I came to your house that snowy night, I felt a burning sensation on my chest and it felt like I was getting drawn towards you." Sebastian said 

"So, you don't actual want me. It's just somehow messed up fate that brought us together?" I asked and rubbed my face. 

"That's not true, I do truly care about you and it pains me that you feel this way." Sebastian said 

"You may now but, what about then? You could have left." I replied. 

"Then, no. I didn't want to be tied to someone, I didn't understand what that meant and especially being tied to a human. When I started to get to know you, I became attached to you, you always seemed to change. But, I became scared, you were a human after all, you have a short life span. So, I needed to change that." Sebastian replied. 

"Wait, so I wasn't supposed to become a demon?" I asked and Sebastian looked away. 

"No, that's why it seen as a curse, the mark ties us to our other half and then if they happen to be human, they die. But, in return, the mark consumes us and we ended up going into rage and ultimately killing ourselves. So, I was selfish, I wanted to turn you into a demon. I couldn't handle the grief of falling in love with you and then watching you die." Sebastian replied. 

"When did you do it?" I asked and Sebastian leaned forward. 

"Just recently, before you turned 18 years old, I started the transformation process." Sebastian replied. 

"The tea. I knew it." I replied and rubbed my face. 

"Yes, the tea contained parts of my venom, and it slowly started picking away at your soul." Sebastian replied. I then placed my head into my hands and my body started to shake. 

"So this is it, huh?" I replied in a shaky voice. 

"Yes." He replied and I just looked over at him with teary eyes. I then could see Sebastian tense and I noticed his mark begin to grow and travel down his chest. I could see that the mark began to slowly take over his body and I reached over and hugged him. I was so confused, my body was so numb, I didn't know how to feel.