Chapter 42

Your Pov

...time skip a day later...

 knock, knock 

"Come in." Ciel shouted from the other side of the door. I opened the door and he put his newspaper down. I continued to walk toward the window to have a seat on the built in bench. I felt Ciel grab my hand and I turned and smiled. 

"You know, today's supposed to be a nice day out. Why don't we go out and rent a boat? I heard that there's an illusive white stag that roams the area." Ciel asked and I tilted my head. 

"Wasn't Elizabeth the one who brought that up to you, I'm sure she'll be disappointed when she finds out you went without her." I said and Ciel facepalmed.

"Well, she can go another time." Ciel said and lead back into his chair while raising his hands. I looked back out the window and felt the heat seep through. 

"That would be nice." I replied. 

"Great, so go get ready we are leaving in 5 minutes." Ciel said and I almost fell over. I looked back over and noticed Ciel looking down at the paper. 

"You already had this planned whether I came here or not." I said and Ciel flipped the to the next page. 

"I wonder." He replied and sipped his tea. 

......

We got out of the carriage and Ciel grabbed my hand and led me away.  We got to our boat and I got on first and then Ciel. Sebastian followed behind but, Ciel stopped him. 

"Sebastian you stay here, that's an order." Ciel said and Sebastian gave him a raised eyebrow. 

"As you wish m'lord."  Sebastian bowed and our small boat took off.  

"Hey what's your name?" Ciel asked the boatman

"Pierre." He replied. 

"Alright then, whatever that's said on this boat ride, stays on this boat ride. got it Pierre?" Ciel asked in a low tone. 

"Y-yes, I understand Earl Phantomhive." Pierre replied nervously. 

"Good. Alright, Y/n, talk." Ciel ordered. 

"Let's just say I pissed off Sebastian." I replied and Ciel leaned forward. 

"How did that happen? You haven't really told me anything sense you jumping out the window and then almost dying." Ciel said and I heard Pierre choke. 

"Ok, well. I'm fine....actually no I'm not. It turns out that this whole demon thing wasn't meant to happen. Sebastian told me about the truth behind this mark. He placed it on me when I was younger and it turns out I did have a choice. but, my dumb innocent child self was like, let's just roll with it. So now back to the demon thing, Sebastian turned me into a demon right before my 18th birthday, by giving me venomous tea." I replied

"HE DID W-ackem, so...how does this relate to where we are now?" Ciel asked while trying to keep his composure. 

"Well, a day ago, when you both left Tanaka 'gave' me the house key and I snuck into Sebastian's room and met another demon. He gave me a letter and told me to give it to him but, I didn't and it turns out the letter was this important demon thing. So, now Sebastian is keeping a 'close' eye on me and everything is a complete mess." I said and bent forward.

"Wow, that's rough." Pierre said and we looked up at Pierre.

"Pierre, now is not the right time."I replied and he apologized. 

  "Alright, so, now what do you want to do?" Ciel asked and I tilted my head. 

silence

"Sigh, alright listen up, you are going to act like normal, you can't give that thing any attention. You focus on your daily task and get back into society. Secondly, you are going to be spending more time with me and the other servants. When the time hits, you will know how to strike back and take the revenge you want." Ciel said and I nodded. 

"Your right." I said and sat back up. 

"Of course I am." Ciel said pridefully 

"Ok, no need to get full of yourself." I replied and Ciel crossed his arms. 

"Oh, by the way, Y/n, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about." Ciel said in a serious tone. 

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked and Ciel placed his hand against his eye patch. 

"I'm nearing the end of the road." Ciel replied and I looked down. Ciel then grabbed my hand and looked at me. 

silence

"Promise me, you'll stay strong. You can't let your king get placed into check, because then it will be over."  Ciel said in a serious tone. 

"I understand and I promise." I replied and gave him a hug.