Chapter 36

Your Pov - Day 3

"Alright, your move Ciel." I replied and leaned back into my chair. I looked over at Sebastian who was rearranging the bookshelves. I noticed that he was staring and didn't have his usual confident facial expression. I could tell he was thinking about something, almost planning something and I couldn't tell what it was. 

"Y/n?" Ciel replied and I turned and looked down at the board. As I was thinking about my next move, Ciel began smirking. 

"You seem happier than usual." I replied and then noticed his sneaky approach to capture my king.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Ciel replied and I smirked. I moved my piece toward his and blocked his move. 

"Looks like that's a stalemate." I replied and Ciel leaned forward. 

"How? You didn't even see my move!" He asked. 

"You always have to be one step ahead Ciel, you know this." I replied and he sighed.  Ciel got up and walked toward the door and left. I then started to collect the chess pieces and Sebastian came over to help. 

"So how was your visit at the Midford estate?" Sebastian asked and placed the pieces with the chess board. 

"It was fine, I haven't seen my relatives in awhile." I replied and he looked over at me. I could tell he was trying to read my facial expressions. 

"Well, I'm glad you had a nice time." He replied. 

"Sebastian?" I asked and he looked at me. 

"Yes?" He asked. 

"Would you be up for a game?" I asked and he brought his point finger and thumb to his mouth. 

"I suppose." He replied and started to set up the chess board. I was about to start until Sebastian grabbed my hand. 

"How about a little wager?" Sebastian asked and I crossed my ankles and looked at him. He clearly had a plan set, he wouldn't want to play a game this easily and then place a wager. If it somehow didn't benefit him. 

"Sure why not, what do you bet?" I asked and Sebastian smirked. 

"How about if I win, I get a day with you and If you win you get to ask me any question." He said and his eyes started to glow.

"You have to answer that question truthfully." I said and I flashed my eyes. 

"Oh so you caught me, you did grow up then. Fine, I'll answer any question truthfully. Deal?" Sebastian asked and placed out his hand. I looked over at him and smirked. 

"Deal." I said and shook his hand. I then looked back down at the chess board and moved my pawn forward. I looked back at Sebastian who showed no facial expression, unlike Ciel, he was going to be more of a challenge to beat. I had a feeling he would use any means necessary to win, he was a demon after all. 

...half way through the game...

The whole game I was monitoring each time he placed a piece, forward, backward, side-to-side, or diagonal. Sebastian had the upper hand in the game but, I was determined to win, so I had my own plan. 

"Your move." He said and I nodded. I grabbed one of my pieces and marked it, and then quickly moved my bishop and took his rook. 

.......

"Check." Sebastian said and smirked. 'You think you won?' I thought and I noticed Sebastian tilt his head. I placed my finger on my marked piece and changed it into a queen. 

"That's check for you." I replied and Sebastian's face turned. You could tell how frustrated he was and he couldn't do anything about it. He moved his piece to escape mine. 

"Checkmate." I replied and sat back. I noticed the room started to darken and he looked over at me with his fuchsia eyes. 

"I didn't think you would cheat." He said and laughed darkly. 

"Well, that was never established at the start." I replied and smirked. 

"You always seem to impress me, chaton." Sebastian said and exhaled.

silence

"Now then, what do you want to ask?" Sebastian sat and crossed his leg and folded his hands. I need to watch how I ask this question, I only have one shot. If I ask the question the wrong way, he simply won't answer it the way I want to hear it. 

"When did the mark appear?" I asked and Sebastian smirked. 

"Interesting, now you won't like my answer." Sebastian replied and I crossed my arms. 

"And why is that?" I asked and Sebastian face darkened. 

"Because, I already told you once." He replied