Chapter 2

I walk into the mid-sized city town house. I hadn't been here since I was a young child. Way before my brothers were born. The floorboards creaked under my heeled boots. The air thick with a faint antique smell. I watch Ciel talking to Sebastian. I decide to go upstairs and head to one of the rooms. I turn the knob and push it open. So many lost memories are held withing this room. I walk over and notice I black candle.

"I light this candle to protect and shield. Ward of the darkness that surrounds my family."

I rub my head, the voice of my mother echo's through my mind. A lost memory, maybe. It almost seemed silly. I hear a cough and I turn to see Sebastian holding a candelabra.

"Seems, the lights are out. The winds have picked up." Sebastian spoke and walked into the room. He placed the candelabra down on the nightstand by the bed. His eyes drift over to the black candle and he picks it up.

"My my I haven't seen one of these in a while." Sebastian said and chuckled a bit. he placed the candle into his coat pocket.

"Are you familiar with a black candle?" I asked and Sebastian turned and knelt down by the fireplace stacking the wood into the center.

"Hmmm, you could say that. What makes you ask My lady?" Sebastian spoke in amusement. Almost encouraging me to further the conversation. I watch Sebastian strike the match and light the fire. The flames dance around his pale face. He turns and looks at me with a smirk.

"Though, I don't know what the young master would say to his sister being a witch." Sebastian laughed.

"How dare you say something like that." I said and crossed my arms and Sebastian stood up. His shoes clack against the slick wooden floorboards. He comes closer to me and tilts my chin to look up at him.

"Just a jest, no need to get upset lady Y/n. Though, your flushed expression makes it worthwhile." Sebastian spoke and let go of my chin. I turn and glare at him and my eyebrows twitch.

"Why are you such a.." I turn my face and Sebastian smirks and laughs.

"Like what?" his voice taunts me. I hate it. Everything about him I hate.

"Nothing." I spoke and turned my head and Sebastian sighs. I probably ruined his little game he likes to play. Good, the faster I can get him to leave the better.

"Very well then, my lady, I will come later to make sure the fire doesn't run out. Do call if you need anything. I will take my leave. Have a good night." Sebastian spoke and closed my bedroom door. I changed into my nightgown and slid into my bed. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. Darkness, why is everything so cold? I walked around in a snow-covered field. I walked around and my eyes dart around in search of something. A black bird perched itself on a snow-covered branch. Cawing at me repeatedly.

My voice non-existent. I try to yell to the bird to stop. Then came a voice, something I heard before. Yet, I couldn't remember.

"Little bird, what are you doing out in the snowstorm? Come with me to get warm." I turn and saw a hand with long black fingernails. Pale skin almost greyish hue, heeled boots that curled at the tips. I stepped back. My breath became shallow, and I could feel my heartbeat faster. I feel my hand reach for the strange beings own. In an instant I was picked up in the air and held close to the being's face.

"Why are your eyes red?" My child sounding voice spoke.

"Time to wake up." The figure spoke and I shot up and looked around. I saw Sebastian placing more wood in the fireplace.

"Sebastian?" I spoke and he turned in surprise.

"What are you doing up my lady? It's three in the morning." Sebastian spoke and stood up and walked over towards my bed. A lot of his features blended into the darkness of the room. The fireplace was the light source making his eyes stand out.

"oh, I just..never mind." I spoke and laid back down. Sebastian tilted his head. His bangs fell down the side of his pale complexion. He looked worried and curious. His gloved hand touched my forehead. I move his hand off my forehead.

"Are you sure? You seem startled." Sebastian spoke.

"Yeah, I am fine." I spoke and rolled my eyes and Sebastian laughed.

"This little bird never changes." Sebastian spoke and I darted my eyes towards him.

"Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?" I spoke and Sebastian looked down at me. He leaned back and hummed.

"Nothing. Though if something is bothering you. You can trust me." Sebastian spoke in a caring tone. He brushed a strand of h/c behind my ear. I furrowed my eyebrows. I pushed his hand to the side; I didn't appreciate the mocking tone from before.

"I don't need to tell you anything. I am going back to bed." I spoke and pulled the blankets over my body. A soft sigh escaped from Sebastian's lips. I heard his shoes clack against the wooden floorboards. Before the door was shut softly with a click.