Chapter 50

"All good things must come to an end someday. Be grateful for the genuine memories you posses because darkness lurks behind everyone of us, waiting to place their mark on our soul." - Y/n Phantomhive 

Your Pov 

Later that day Sebastian came back and got me. We both went to the Undertaker's shop were he prepared a coffin for my brother. Sebastian 'disappeared' from society and news got out about the second tragedy of the Phantomhive household.  

"Miss!" Mey-Rin shouted and I looked up from the desk. 

"Yes? What is it, is something the matter? You look distraught." I asked and I noticed that Mey-Rin began to tremble. She tried her best to keep things together but it eventually all came tumbling down when the others ran into the room after her. 

Silence 

"Why are you all crying?" I asked in a worried tone.  Finny looked off to the side and Mey-Rin gripped the morning paper in her hands, crumbling the thin grey pages.  Bard placed his hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. 

"Bard?" I asked and he slowly brought his hand to the paper and walked over toward me with it in his hands. He didn't say a word and I grabbed the paper and looked at the thick bolded black ink. 

Tragedy Strikes Again!!

Ciel Phantomhive found dead along with his butler Sebastian Michaelis.  What will happen to the linage of the Phantomhive name?!!

I took a deep breathe and exhaled. I knew this was going to happen, even after the letter and the warnings ahead of time. It still is shocking and it was easy for me to break down. Not at the same level of grief when I first found out but, it was still real. I looked up and folded the paper and slid it next to me.

Silence

"Miss? Are you alright?" Bard asks and walks over to me and places his hand on my shoulder. I place my hand on his and blink my eyes tightly trying to contain my sorrow. 

"It's alright to cry." Bard whispers and I look over at him and place my head on his right shoulder. I felt my chest burn, I knew Sebastian was nearby.  I knew he was angry and this made me smile. 

"I suppose, But, I was taught at a very young age, a Phantomhive must show no emotion. I have to be strong." I spoke and I felt Bard exhale.

"Yes, this is true. Being strong is one thing but, bottling up your emotions isn't good, no matter how strong you are. I for one know." Bard whispers. I pick my head up and stand up and walk toward the window, placing my arms behind my back. I could her Finny and Mey-Rin crying in the background. I turn around and grabbed an envelope from inside the desk. 

"Can I ask all of you for a favor?" I asked and Mey-Rin and Finny wiped away the tears and stood up straight. 

"Anything!" They both shouted and I looked out the corner of my eye and saw Bard looking over at me with his arms crossed. I sighed and picked up the orange envelope and traced my finger along the seems. 

"I need to go over to the Midford's, to discuss about prior engagements. While I'm gone could you three look after the mansion?" I asked and they nodded. 

"What about that envelope your holding?" Bard asks and I set it down and smoothed it out.

"Hmm, this is just something I'm working on. I got into poetry recently and this envelope contains some of my work." I replied and I looked Bard in the eyes and he nodded.

"Alright, I will be off then." I replied. 

"Have a safe trip!" Finny said 

"Be safe!" Mey-Rin replied. 

I then felt Bard grab my arm and I paused. I looked over at Mey-Rin and Finny and they nodded and left the study. 

"You are up to no good again, aren't ya?" Bard asked and I tapped my chin and hummed. 

"No, I have no idea what your talking about." I replied and faced him. He then smirked and looked out the window. 

"Well, I just want to tell you somefin, before you go." Bard said and placed his hands in his coat pocket. 

"Yes?" I asked and he smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked toward the door. 

"Be safe now. I'm working on some new recipes and I want you to taste them." Bard said and I walked toward the door. 

"Don't worry, I'll make it back. This time I expect the decorations to be more eye-appealing." I laughed and he nodded. After I walked to the main lobby and got into my carriage. I tapped the ceiling and I was off 'toward the Midford estate'. Once I got further away from the estate I saw the carriage door swing open and Sebastian hopped in. 

"What?" I asked and put my head on my hand. Sebastian just crossed his arms in annoyance. 

"You know, I know you don't particular like me but, that still hurt you know." He said and looked at me. 

"Relax, I don't like Bard that way, he's just a friend." I replied and crossed my arms. 

"Whatever you say, chaton." Sebastian replied and ended the topic. 

"So, when is the carriage supposed to crash?" I asked and Sebastian looked out the window and then gave me a closed eye smile. 

"10 miles from now, should suffice." Sebastian replied and I sighed. 

"But, that's going to take forever!" I whined and Sebastian laughed. 

"So eager to die are we?" Sebastian taunted and I glared at him. 

"Well, I'm already dead." I replied and Sebastian frowned. 

"You know, it's not that bad down there." Sebastian replied and I looked back over at him.

"Oh? How's that?" I asked and he changed his eye color. 

"Well, it's not all fire and brimstone. It's actually got scenery, like meadows and such. But, most mortals don't get to see it because they are trapped in an endless hell loop." Sebastian replied 

"What do the meadows look like?" I asked and I saw Sebastian close his eyes and I felt a warm sensation fill my chest and I closed my eyes and saw a glimpse of a navy blue field with bright colored flowers dancing in the 'wind'.   

"Who would have thought hell would have flowers." I laughed and Sebastian smirked. I knew that I had a long journey ahead. Despite not being truly in love with Sebastian, I still have to try. I don't want to hurt my family and friends. I have to understand myself and and learn to be completely in control of powers. The only way I can do this is by standing by Sebastian's side. 

I'm brought out of my thoughts by a feeling of something being placed around my shoulders. I look down and see Sebastian's coat and I pull it around my body. I look up and see Sebastian look out the window and I saw pieces of his hair fly through the wind. 

"You looked cold." He mumbled and I nodded. 

"Thanks." I replied and I saw a faint pink tint form on his pale white skin. 

Silence 

"It seems we have a long journey still ahead." I replied and looked out the window, off into the distance. 

"So it seems, together forevermore." Sebastian replied. 

Fin