Dating Season

" Why do we always hang out in the woods?We have a perfectly good living room," Anne questioned.

" What's the fun in that?This place is full of nature! " Sprig explained as a Spider ate the lady bug that was walking along the tree log.

" Ugh "
" Exactly "

The three carried on through the woods until they stopped hearing a bush rustle.

" Stay back!It could be a blood sucking predator! " Sprig states picking up a stick.

" You are really not selling me on this place," Anne commented as Sprig moved the bushes cautiously to see a pumpkin with twigs for hair and a smile drawn on its face.

" Oh no!It's an-"

" AMBUSH! " A voice cried from the trees as a frog around Sprig's age leaped down and tackled him.

" I'm hit,I'm hit!Sprig down! " Sprig said laying on the ground.

" Haha!"
" Hey Ivy!Nice ambush! "

" Heh,can't take all the credit,you're really easy to trick," Ivy stated.

" Guilty as charged! " Sprig said as the two laughed,that is until Anne fake coughed catching there attention.

" Oh!Ivy meet Anne and Y/n,two human beings from another world!Y/n and Anne meet Ivy,childhood acquaintance and occasional sparing partner," Sprig said as

" Hey Ivy "
" Hey "

" Hey!I've seen you two around,nice to officially meet!Do you like being randomly attacked? " Ivy said.

" Nope "
" Not at all "

" Welp,too bad,see you later Sprig!But you won't see me! " Ivy said as she hopped away as Sprig laughed.

" Well well well "
" Oh no"

" She's kind of cute huh? " Anne questioned.
" I don't know what your talking about," Sprig said as Y/n sighed knowing exactly where Anne was going.

" Well,well,well,well,well,well,well."
" You're being weird Anne"

The three went back home soon after the meeting of Ivy,

" We're home! "
" What have you three been doin,I've been looking for you all morning," Hop pop exclaimed.

" Oh nothing... Except!Sprig was totally flirting with a cute girl! " Anne stated as Hop pop gasped.

" No kidding"
" Anne it's not like that,Ivy Sundew and I are just friends," Sprig tried to explain.

" Ivy Sundew! " Hop pop repeated,

" Nobody move!I'm getting the courtship kit! " Hop states running off.

" This is so exciting!I'm gonna go get my dating magazines!BRB!" Anne says leaving.

" I feel sorry for you Sprig,I do," Y/n says.
" I don't actually care," Polly says as Hop pop returns." Here we go!The firefly formal is tonight,it's the perfect opportunity to begin the ritual," Hop pop said as Anne appeared from the basement." Ritual? " Anne questioned.

" Ah huh,only frogs who preform the ceremonial dance in the ceremonial garb is allowed to be wed," Hop pop explained.

" Guys!We're just friends!Besides,I'm already engaged to Maddie right,she gave me this nifty ring," Sprig said revealing a creepy ring if his finger," oh ya," Y/n said remembering the day they sold Sprig's happiness for dough." Forget her,the Sundews have secret proprietary crops!Do you have any idea what that means? " Hop pop shouted grabbing Sprig.