Fort in the Road

" Did you see that sign?We've officially left the Valley!This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to anyone!Are you excited,I'm excited!You two should be more excited "

" I'm excited,it's just I have to sit still or I'll be all over the place! We're leaving an area we've been around for so long,and it's time for Ol Y/n here to start a new path of change!Mostly....not entirely...but still! "

" Ya I'm excited too,ya know there's just a lot of riding on this trip for me and I want to keep my expectations in- WOOOAH "

" It's so... prodigious! "
" Amazing!Magestic!It's...hurting my eyes "
" It's even better than I could have dreamed! " Sprig exclaimed hopping on Bessie's shell.

" Full speed Hop pop,keep driving and never look back! "

" Hold on Sprig,look back for a sec.Now that we're out of the valley things can get dangerous fast!Sooooo! " Hop pop said as the group found themselves inside the Fwagon as Hop pop set down a big book.

" From now on we're gonna follow Hop pop's rules of the road by me,Hop pop! " Hop pop said as everyone groaned.

" Another huge book, seriously? "
" I love reading but I'm not skimming through THAT "

" You kids got a problem with books?Why, without books- "

" Our civilization would crumble to nothingness " The kids repeated plainly.

" Now,the only way we'll get to Newtopia in one piece is if we follow these rules.Like this one here,rule number 98,never strike a heroic pose on the Fwagon,it's a sign of humorous that invites disaster," Hop pop said placing down small activity books.Hop pop proceeded to close the curtains,then buckle Sprig in.

" That should keep your sense of adventure in check," Hop pop exclaims.

" Alright kids let's stick to the rules and we should have a safe and completely uneventful trip,kay thanks bye! " Hop pop spoke leaving.

" Man this stinks,all those adventures out there and we're stuck with dumb rules," Sprig said annoyed.

" Not much we can do,my dad was the same way back home,one time we drove to the Grand Canyon and didn't stop once "

" My parents hardly took me and Marcy anywhere besides their jobs,even then we couldn't do anything,it was boring anyways "

" Well if anyone can figure out how to have fun with these rules it's us "

" Newtopia here we come! "
" Rule number twenty nine,NO SHOUTING!Meraders (?) will follow the sound and steal your skin! "

After a while of travelling Sprig spotted something amazing outside the window of the Fwagon and gasped.

" A Rainbow waterfall! "

" Let me see it! " Y/n said as she took out her phone and snapped a picture.

" We've got to pull over! " Sprig told Hop pop.

" Road rule number 243,all natural phenomenon lead to an unnatural death," Hop pop said closing the book.

" Bummer,at least I got a picture "

They continued on even though Sprig was clearly annoyed and upset.

" Zoom dunes! "

" Awesome! "
" Alright Bessie,it's time to show the world how fast you can go," Polly said to Bessie who was ready.

" Ah uh,rule number 149,never drive faster than a June bug could fly," Hop pop said pointing to a June bug that was flying very slow.

" Heh heh,good thinking little guy," Hop pop said as the June bug landed on the ground and fell asleep,Hop pop yawned as they continued on.