Chappie 14

*Zayn's POV*

The only reason Harry is trusting me around Niall is because I don't like Niall anymore. And the vibe is even much cooler. Because now Harry and Louis decided to go on a date. Or just to Lou's to probably have sex because his parents are away at business.

I was actually not even around Niall atm. I was in Harry's room playing FIFA. I'm trying to brush up on my skills y'know. Because Niall definitely has me beat. The little fucker flipped the table on me so I'm flipping it back but I'm a bit rusty so yeah as I said brushing up.

I heard a glass shatter and it literally scared me half to death. I then heard a lot of loud sounds. I jumped up and looked to where they were coming from. I heard another crash and I looked at Niall's door. Goodness what's going on in there.

I went to the door and tried to open it. I then heard another thing slam against the ground and heard crying. Ok so in the position that I am in I'm trying not to panic. But he's crying and things are going on in there and I'm worried and I can't get in. So yah trying not to panic.

I looked on top of the door ledge. Of course. I grabbed the key and unlocked the door but it still wouldn't budge. FML! I continued to push on it when I realized 'oh it's something in front of it' so I pushed harder until I could slip in.

The site in front of me honestly scared me so much I had no idea what to do. Everything was fucked and he was just crying as he tried to push another dresser but it wouldn't budge. So he just began hitting it. I ran over to him and grabbed his hands stopping him. He constantly thrashed in my hold but I just began hugging him. He wouldn't hug me back until a few minutes later.

It was scary. It really was. But I was there for him. This is the type of friend I needed to be. I just- I don't know what's going on but he's sobbing right now really hard and hugged me super tight.

"Shhhh shhhh." I shushed rubbing his back.

"It broke!" He yelled.

"What broke Niall?" I asked him still holding him close to me.

"The necklace!" He cried and I just held him close.

I wouldn't dare say it wasn't something to cry about. Sure I don't know how much the necklace meant to him, sure I don't know who's it from but I know that if it's worth all of this then it's something important.

"Did your mom give it to you?"'I asked him and he held me even tighter.

"Oh Niall." I said stroking his hair while he continued to sob in my chest.

We did stand there for a long time. A really long time. About 45 minutes just standing there in silence. I was delighted when his cry would get smaller and smaller.

When it did I pulled him over to his bed that was stripped of the the sheets and pillows. He just sat there and reached in his pocket pulling out the necklace. You could tell it was the ones that opened up. It was a clover, the other half was broken off.

"I never knew it opened. I thought she just used to wear it all the time." He said moving it around in his palm.

"Well she gave it to me before she died. I remember I was in the room with her. She had her fist balled up and she had called me over. She said she loved me then dropped the necklace in my hand. Then like that she was gone." He said wiping stray tears coming from his eyes.

"It was hard. I passed out. But when I woke up I still had it in my hand. I looked at it closely hand saw it had tiny hinges so I pulled it open a bit when I did I saw a tiny picture of me on the right and on the left it read: 'Niall, you'll always be my lucky charm'." He said and wiped more tears and sniffed a bit.

"It just got caught in the stupid dresser. But I yanked a little to hard and it broke just like that. And I was so upset- I just-" I cut him off pulling him into another hug.

"You don't have to explain." I told him in his ear.

He silently cried in my shoulder.

"What the fuck happened." I heard Harry come in and say.

I looked at him and shook my head. "Get out." I told him and he glared at me.

"I'm serious Harry I've got it." I said and he gave a sympathetic smile before following my directions.

"You're okay. And you will be okay. You have me Louis, Harry, Anne, and you still have Liam. Sure he isn't here but you still have him. We will make sure you are okay." I told him and he pulled away and looked at my eyes.

"You must think I'm crazy now. How it's just a necklace. Something so small-" I cut him off.

"No I don't think that. This was special to you. She gave this to you on her death bed. I wouldn't ever think someone was crazy because the way they grieve. I don't understand because I have never been on this situation but I understand why you acted the way you did. And that's not crazy to me. But I don't want you to hurt yourself." I said and he gave a small sad smile.

"Thank you." He said hugging me again. "So much." He added.

"No need to thank me Niall. We're friends now so I'll be here when your standing tall and I'll be here when you trip and fall." I said and he laughed a bit.

"How corny." He said and I laughed.

"But no seriously. You have me. I'll be here for you all the time. Whenever. If I'm not here you have my number." I said.

"Thanks again." He said and looked around.

"I was really upset." He said.

"I'll help you clean it up." I said.

"Seriously?" He said.

"Yeah. And guess what?" I said.

"What?" He said.

"My dads a jeweler. So do you want to see if he can fix this?" I said pointing to the brown necklace and his eyes lit up.

"Yes please." He said.

"Okay but let's start on the room." I said getting up.

"This broke." He said picking up a picture frame with the glass broken out of it.

"This is me, my mom, and Liam." He said.

"She was beautiful." I said and he smiled just laying it on the dresser.

A lot of fluff. And aww Niall lashed out.