Chappie 40

[not edited] and I'm back!

*Niall's POV*

I held the many letters in my hand and just breathed for a while. I was worrying myself. Worrying myself way too much. I was waiting on Zayn. Harry and Louis had opened their letters together and even filmed their reaction. They were more than ecstatic. But me I don't know. I'm scared.

I felt someone wrap there arms around my shoulders from behind as I sat on the chair. I felt his lips on the back of my neck and I breathed out.

"Stop stressing out okay?" Zayn said.

"College acceptance letters. Just to remind you Zayn." I said and he squeezed me before come stooping in front of me.

"Look at me." He said and I looked away from my letters to look at him. He had his letters in his hand too.

"Me." He said and I looked away from his letters and up at him.

He gave me a smile. He pulled the chair so that he was sitting face to face with me.

"Okay pick up your last choice." He said and I grabbed the ManU letter out the pile resting the rest on the table.

He grabbed his. "We're going to do this together okay?" He said and I nodded.

We looked at each other while we ripped the side of the letter. When we did we took the paper out unfolding it then looked down. I looked for the word congratulations but when I couldn't find it and found declined I got upset. I mean I got really upset. I started to cry.

"Happy tears?" He sparked me and I shook my head.

I got up and went up to my room and when I got in I slammed and locked the door behind me. If I didn't get accepted to me last choice. I mean my last of several choices. Then what makes me think I'll be accepted into my other ones. The more advanced schools.

Every fucking essay I sprained my hand to write, all the recommendation letters I had to get, all the transcripts I had to print. All that for what? For nothing.

*Zayn's POV*

I stood at Niall's door. Harry came out his room. "What happened?" He asked.

"We're opening college acceptance letters." I said.

"He didn't get in any?" Harry asked.

"He only opened one." I said.

"He can't base one on many. I didn't get accepted to 4 out of the 7 colleges and universities I applied for." Harry said.

"I'll try to talk to him." I said grabbing the key off the ledge of the door and unlocking it before putting it back and pushing Niall's sitting body by the door open.

I went inside and looked at him crying on the floor.

I sat on the floor looking at him cry and he covered his face.

"Sorry, me and the administrative staff would like to decline your admission to Manchester University-" Niall cut me off.

"Stop rubbing it in." He said.

"Rubbing what in Niall?" I said softly. "That's my letter." I said.

"Your letter?" He asked sniffing.

"Yes Niall. I didn't get accepted. And look at me." I said. "I'm not crying because I have hope that I'll get into the next one or maybe the next few. I need that optimism from you Niall."