𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I was a happy, rich girl. I loved everything about my life, the money, the power, the respect, even my unrequired extravagant shopping sprees. In my mind, life was perfect, including the minor hiccups along the way.

I believed money was one of the most important factors in life.

Though riches don't stick for long, the problem is when you're a billionaire, with parents who have been billionaires their entire lives, it never crosses your mind these things can be fleeting. It didn't cross my mind.

When uncle Benjamin double-crossed my dad and stole everything from us, leaving us with not even a penny, it devastated us.

That convinced me, money was the most important thing in life.

So, I tried to find a way to earn money. But no one had told me finding a high-paying job as a maths undergrad was way harder said than done.

Although, luck seemed to stroll past my campus the day Professor Spencer Wright told me to go to his office and wait for him to discuss something with me. While I was alone in his room, snooping around and hoping to find my grades, I found a millennium problem instead. Though I didn't know it back then. Assuming I've seen its solution somewhere I began working on it. Only later did I find out it's a question no one has been able to solve for over 160 years.

I knew I had hit jackpot, with one small complication, I needed an advisor to publish it.

Being the wild and desperate twenty-one-year-old that I was, I concluded to make Spencer Wright my advisor. But I couldn't tell him I'd snooped around his office so I began impressing him, proving myself to him that I'm a good student.

When plan A didn't work as fast and smoothly as I wanted, with a little trigger and a little more booze I came up with plan B, seduce my professor.

For all those years, I was convinced that no man can pin me down and have me smitten, on top of that, Spencer Wright was not even my type.

This game of seduction grew out of control, to no one's surprise.

Things got even more complicated when my dad shot himself in the pit of depression Benjamin had thrown him into. I grew more desperate for money while Spencer was there with me as I grieved for my father.

My plan was simple, but life is not, and I had not predicted Spencer would turn to my shield, protecting me from pain, anchoring me to reality.

On one hand, I needed the money and the resume the millennium problem would give me, paving the path of my revenge and earning back all the riches that had been stolen from my family. On the other hand, I couldn't afford to lose Spencer, the man I was falling for, very hard.

I thought I'd be able to handle it both, to somehow never let him find out that so far all my actions had ulterior motives until I began knowing him and falling for him.

Especially when I found out the prize money of the solution I had found was one million dollars.

Everything was going perfect, up until three days after my last undergrad exams had ended and Spencer and I could finally be rid of the stupid title of student-professor. On that day, because of my big blabbering mouth, everything fell apart. He heard me while I was rambling to my friend on the phone, telling her all I've done and how I can never tell him.

Spencer left me.

There wasn't anything I could do, because he had all the rights to leave me, I was the bad guy. Time and time again, regardless of him telling me on more than one occasion to never lie to him, or break his trust, I chose not to tell him. In fear of losing him... and the money.

The greed to reach back to the top and take Benjamin down blinded me. I wasn't ready to risk anything and it ended with Spencer breaking things off.

But now, five years have gone by, I'm not the Gracie I was back then.

I am focused on my goal and hell-bent on making Benjamin pay for what he did to us, for being the reason my father killed himself.

At my dad's funeral, I shouted at him, "I'll destroy you and your companies. I'll be your doom you won't ever see coming," and by all means, I intend to stick to my promise.

I sacrificed my first love to reach the aim of bringing him down. And now five years later, I have almost all the aims for accomplishing my revenge.

This time there won't be anything holding me back.

I won't stop until I destroy him.

And this time I'm strong enough and prepared to pay any price to reach my goal.