53

We head straight to the nearest hotel. Needless to say, the taxi driver kept on throwing odd glances back at me and Spencer, but neither of us cared.

No looks, no words, and simply nothing can penetrate our happy bubble.

When we're dropped off in front of a five-star hotel, I'm once more reminded that Spencer was never broke. Sure, he's not as rich as his father, but somehow I had managed to completely forget he makes a decent living for himself.

If I go bankrupt, at least I'll have his place to crash in until I rebuild myself... I doubt he'd mind that. Actually, he has to make peace with me living with him. I literally threw away my company for him and for us. He can survive living in the same house with me for a few months. He has to.

For the first time, with no worries or cautions, we hold hands all the way up into our room.

The damn grin never falls away from either of our faces.

Getting out of the stupid dress turns out to be ridiculously hard since I broke the zipper on my first try, and it takes Spencer and me almost thirty minutes to get rid of it. By the time the dress is discarded in the middle of the room, and our laughter has died out, he orders dinner while I call Mom and fill her in before switching off my phone.

Not a second goes by where Spencer and I aren't touching, feeling, or grazing each other, as though we're trying to make up for the past five years, and the past few shitty months. But neither of us is in a hurry. We've got a lifetime for that.

I savor every smile and every caress, every kiss and every loving word exchanging between us. My mind still can't wrap around the fact we're finally together.

Neither of us holds back. For the first time, it's us against the problems and no barriers remain between us.

When he makes love to me, making me whole, making us one, whispering the same three enchanting words, "I love you." It's no longer a farewell, a plea for a chance. It's a promise. A promise we're both making to each other that no matter what, we'll stick together, we'll be one and tackle our problems.

Every breath we take reminds me of how right my decision is.

Three blissful days fly past us. We rarely get out of bed. Yet we can't get enough of each other. We talk about the past, the present, and avoid the uncertain grey areas of the coming future, but other than that, we even talk about our future, something we had never done before.

On the morning of the fourth day, I sit in the middle of the bed as I gaze out of the window at the clear blue sky wishing we could stay here forever and not face our problems.

The whooshing sound of the shower water stops, and a smile tugs at my mouth. A minute later, Spencer walks out, with a white bathrobe and climbs the bed, sitting behind me. He pulls me to himself, pressing my back against his chest, laying a soft kiss on my neck as he wraps his arms around me.

Butterflies flutter in my stomach, my skin tingling.

"Missed me?" he whispers next to my ear with a smile.

I giggle and intertwine my fingers with his as I shift to face him. "In your dreams."

He chuckles and kisses me. Breaking the kiss, he asks, "Another breakfast in bed, or were you planning-"

"In bed," I interrupt him, leaning into his chest as I gaze out of the window. "I wish we could stay here forever... never leave... or at least never go back." I sigh.

"Sounds tempting... I like the idea of running away with you," he says with a laugh before nuzzling my neck. "But I don't want us to run away and hide."